Ford Death Wobble & Warranty - Frustrating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by b.a.saha View Post
    Aftermarket dual stabilizers. Should you have to do it? No. But it fixes the problem. They should just start making them that way. The single they come with and the way it’s setup is not good for much. They have the same front end setup from umpteen years ago but the trucks come stock with a close to 34” tire versus a 30-31.

They have also cut reduced castor spec to aid turning radius. The dealer won’t change either of those things

Comment

This is long but gets very informative at about 15:00

Comment

I recently traded in my 2017 F250 & one of reasons I did was because of DW.
        It appears Ford is finally going to address this issue & repair or replace parts on them. Got a service bulletin in mail today from Ford.

Comment

Mine goes in the shop tomorrow morning for the second time same issue DW! Freaking hate this garbage on a 9
          Month old truck. We shall see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

From the Ford App

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It looks like it's not a recall notice. Just an extension of the warranty for the steering dampener and related parts.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

Comment

I know it is down right ridiculous that Ford can not get this right but they have been messing around with this for literally 15 years so I have no confidence they will ever get it right. On my truck I turned to the aftermarket for help and got it fixed and that is what I suggest everyone does. I understand that is a hard pill to swallow since these trucks are $60-$90k now. I put a high premium on my time so the money I spent on aftermarket parts more than out weighed the tie I would have been jilly jacking with the Ford dealership.

Comment

But Chevrolet DRL bulbs go out sometimes!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                    But Chevrolet DRL bulbs go out sometimes!
                    ... and injectors, radiators, hubs, hubs, hubs, transmissions, door handles, tailgate handles, back to more injectors, another transmission and all chrome plated plastic Then your good to go

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
                      I know it is down right ridiculous that Ford can not get this right but they have been messing around with this for literally 15 years so I have no confidence they will ever get it right. On my truck I turned to the aftermarket for help and got it fixed and that is what I suggest everyone does. I understand that is a hard pill to swallow since these trucks are $60-$90k now. I put a high premium on my time so the money I spent on aftermarket parts more than out weighed the tie I would have been jilly jacking with the Ford dealership.
                      Been a lot longer than 15 years. My last ford was a 1970 1/2 ton and that worthless piece of junk almost flipped on me more than once. Sometimes I thought the steering wheel would break off in the dash. Worst suspension I ever saw and would wear out a set of tires in 10k miles. Sold it to a sucker and bought a new 1973 3/4 ton Cheby with 454 motor and been a Cheby owner ever since except for one Pontiac Firebird Formula 400 in 1976.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                        Been a lot longer than 15 years. My last ford was a 1970 1/2 ton and that worthless piece of junk almost flipped on me more than once. Sometimes I thought the steering wheel would break off in the dash. Worst suspension I ever saw and would wear out a set of tires in 10k miles. Sold it to a sucker and bought a new 1973 3/4 ton Cheby with 454 motor and been a Cheby owner ever since except for one Pontiac Firebird Formula 400 in 1976.
                        I should have clarified. They have been having this issue with this specific suspension since 2005.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                          ... and injectors, radiators, hubs, hubs, hubs, transmissions, door handles, tailgate handles, back to more injectors, another transmission and all chrome plated plastic Then your good to go
                          That check engine light will burn forever though

Comment

That main problem is the ball joint in the arm wears out. Baja (something) makes a aftermarket arm that will prevent 75% of the wobbles. Tie rods also contribute. I think the one from Baja is about $600.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasCanesFan View Post
                              Chevy and GMC is different so I understand why they don’t have it.
                              They have it. There is a class action suit against GM.

A class action lawsuit claims certain Chevy and GMC vehicles contain a defect known as the "Death Wobble" that causes excessive shaking and vibration when driving at high speeds.

General Motors has been hit with a class action lawsuit alleging certain Chevy and GMC vehicles contain a defect that causes them to excessively shake or vibrate when driving at high speeds. The alleged defect is apparently so common that drivers have begun referring to it as the “Death Wobble” or the “Chevy Shake".

2015 to 2020 Cadillac Escalade
                              •2014 to 2020 Chevrolet Silverado
                              •2015 to 2020 Chevrolet Suburban
                              •2015 to 2020 Chevrolet Tahoe
                              •2014 to 2020 GMC Sierra
                              •2015 to 2020 Yukon and Yukon XL

Comment

From my understanding all 3 do. It has to do with coil vs leaf springs. Leaf springs and drive shaft and nothing moves side to side. Coil and there is room for movement. There is hardware under the front end to stop the side to side movement. Problem is that it is built with ball joint- ball joints wear and fail

Comment

Working...
                                X