No announcement yet.

Ford Death Wobble & Warranty - Frustrating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have driven F250's since 2000. Close to 750,000 miles total and my new 2019 F350 is my first one to get the DW with only 2,500 miles on it. The GM was in the service dept. when I walked in and he made the call to grab parts from a new truck on the lot. It hasn't happened again in 7000 miles, but I still feel a little wobble in the front that scares me.

Comment

Originally posted by Stolle View Post
      I have driven F250's since 2000. Close to 750,000 miles total and my new 2019 F350 is my first one to get the DW with only 2,500 miles on it. The GM was in the service dept. when I walked in and he made the call to grab parts from a new truck on the lot. It hasn't happened again in 7000 miles, but I still feel a little wobble in the front that scares me.
      That isn’t good considering you have 24K hooked up to you
      Hope they can figure it out

Comment

If your new vehicle has been out of service for repair due to a defect(s) that substantially impairs the use or market value of the vehicle due to defects covered by the warranty for a total of 30 or more days during the first 24 months or 24,000 miles, and the problem still exists. If no comparable loaner vehicle was provided to you by the dealer during this time period, you pass the test.

It is advisable to contact the Lemon Law Section of the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles (TxDMV) for more specific information and assistance at (888) 368-4689.

Comment

Once you rebuild the front end, replace the single stabilizer with a dual and still have the problem then look at your tires. Mine turned out to be the Cooper AT's I was running. Changed to BF Goodrich and haven't had another problem. Not saying that Coopers are the only bad tires but it worked for me.

Comment

So let's say hypothetically if my cousin's neighbor's fedex guy had a 2017 F250 with no death wobble, and said truck was approaching the end of the warranty period.

What would happen if that dude took his truck in prior to warranty expiring and complained of death wobble? Automatic upgrade to parts? Mechanic says I see nothing wrong and couldn't reproduce the issue during test drives? Fedex guy goes to hell for lying?

Discuss.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
              So let's say hypothetically if my cousin's neighbor's fedex guy had a 2017 F250 with no death wobble, and said truck was approaching the end of the warranty period.

What would happen if that dude took his truck in prior to warranty expiring and complained of death wobble? Automatic upgrade to parts? Mechanic says I see nothing wrong and couldn't reproduce the issue during test drives? Fedex guy goes to hell for lying?

Discuss.
              Ford should overnight parts via UPS to fix the ghost problem.

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                That isn’t good considering you have 24K hooked up to you

Hope they can figure it out

No lie and big reason I drive well below the posted speed limit when I’m pulling my machine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Stolle View Post
                  No lie and big reason I drive well below the posted speed limit when I’m pulling my machine.

Can't be any scarier than rogue rocks to the windshield...

Comment

Discuss.

The FedEx guy should avoid the time and frustration with Ford, go to a reputable front end shop for an inspection for worn parts and an alignment. Then add a good dual stabilize and be done. Ford is simply throwing bandaids at this issue currently

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                      Can't be any scarier than rogue rocks to the windshield...

Like daily driving compared that fun little event.

Comment

Discuss.
                        Ford would replace his parts with new factory parts so he too could have the death wobble very soon.....

Comment

Does this effect the Diesel version more than the Gas or it doesn't make any difference? I have a New 2019 F250 with 3400 miles on it. Looking at preventive fix's before it happens. Thanks

Comment

I just bought a new Super Duty, hopefully I don’t have these problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Caddo View Post
                              Does this effect the Diesel version more than the Gas or it doesn't make any difference? I have a New 2019 F250 with 3400 miles on it. Looking at preventive fix's before it happens. Thanks

Both have same suspension

Comment

Aftermarket dual stabilizers. Should you have to do it? No. But it fixes the problem. They should just start making them that way. The single they come with and the way it’s setup is not good for much. They have the same front end setup from umpteen years ago but the trucks come stock with a close to 34” tire versus a 30-31.

Comment

Working...
                                X