• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jaime1982 View Post
    I was considering a is250 for my next truck but maybe I'll be on hold

Wait, ford didnt take any bailout $$?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    They keep having this problem they might need more than a bailout. That's some scary stuff pulling a trailer

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JONES45LC View Post
      Who did you deal with ?
      Allen Hester is who helped me , that sucks they gave you the run around he was very good to deal with .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Can’t remember, we bought a Ford Escape from them when it was Anderson and that was fairly painless , went back expecting same
      And the lies and hookus pokus math started, then the junior sales guy harassed me till I blocked him
      Still deal with the service department there

Comment

I have bought Fords for 30 plus years - trade every 2-3 years - my guess is I have bought 10 new Ford trucks. Always loved them.
        Then a few years ago I bought a King Ranch - my computer screen goes out so I take it in - a module blew out - they replaced it under warranty.

Few months later it goes out again - I am out of my warranty - they say $1000 to put a new module in. I go all the way up to corporate - took some time but I am persistent.

My dealership blew me off. Corporate blew me off at first. Finally they took care of it - should have been a recall.

The death wobble is way more dangerous - I am afraid Ford is digging its own grave.

Next purchase is a Ram for me

Comment

Crappy deal! My 2018 f-250 has not had the problem and I have 63k on it right now. I did put upgraded heavier duty shocks on the front and back but not sure if that helped in anyway with this issue... my Dad had the issue in his 2014 f-250.

Hopefully they get their arms around this soon... especially getting you your truck back!

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
            Hope you get it back soon Michael!!!!

Question: is this only on F250’s. I’m in the market for a truck, but am looking at probably getting an F150. Just want to make sure it’s not an issue on those too!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
            google reviews on Ford trucks period - not good - if they do not address some of these issues they will fade away eventually

Comment

No excuse for this BS in a new truck. Death wobble has been around for 50+ years.

Comment

Death wobble is a problem for vehicles with a solid front axel hence not an F150 for the gentlemen asking. Further more it is caused by numerous problems in the suspension from worn parts to incorrect geometry. Unfortunately a steering stabilizer can neither cause nor fix death wobble. It’s nothing more than a shock or dampener for the steering linkage just like a shock or strut. Hopefully they’re not using this a “fix” for what sounds like a widespread problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Bradical BH View Post
                  Death wobble is a problem for vehicles with a solid front axel hence not an F150 for the gentlemen asking. Further more it is caused by numerous problems in the suspension from worn parts to incorrect geometry. Unfortunately a steering stabilizer can neither cause nor fix death wobble. It’s nothing more than a shock or dampener for the steering linkage just like a shock or strut. Hopefully they’re not using this a “fix” for what sounds like a widespread problem.
                  X2

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                    It is absolutely laughable that a company the size of FoMoCo can't eliminate a problem known as "death wobble" on a $75k dollar truck.

At least they didn't take a bail out!

Comment

That sucks.

Comment

Picked mine up today. It was in the shop 3 weeks and they said another 4-6 until they get the new stabilizer. It’s really just a band aid anyway for the bigger problem. I’ve been a ford driver for years but this is testing my patience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bradical BH View Post

Pretty much but a new stabilizer or preferably dual stabilizers will help protect steering components from wear which in turn can deter wobble.

Comment

One dealer replaced my steering stabilizer on my 2019 after 25k miles........ started right back up after a couple thousand miles...... I’m at 42k and another dealer says he can adjust the caster angle in the front axle and fix it. If not I’m trading in for a RAM

I love everything about my F250 except driving it

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
                              What aftermarket part or parts is needed to fix this. I need to fix it on my 2012

Comment

!Ford Seeks To Dismiss “Death Wobble” Class Action Lawsuit! Read on to learn more! Contact us if you have fallen victim to Ford's F-250 and 350 malfunctions!

Comment

Working...
                                X