Ford Death Wobble & Warranty - Frustrating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ford Death Wobble & Warranty - Frustrating

I experienced the Ford "death wobble" on my 2019 F250 (company truck) when it was just shy of 25k miles. I drove it for a little while, but it started occurring more frequently. When it happened to me twice on I10 near Brookshire - where there are concrete barriers on either side and nowhere to stop other than middle of the freeway - I decided it was time to get it fixed. I called my wife and told her to meet me at the Ford Dealership in Schulenberg. That was on November 22.

I was pleasantly surprised to see that our good friend, SAC, was the service manager at the dealership. Mark has been more than forthcoming about the struggles of dealing with this issue with Ford. Unfortunately, the backorder for the part indicated by Ford's service bulletin for repair has been as high as 15,000 units on backorder, and it's growing faster than they can get parts shipped to their dealers.

Fortunately, I have my personal vehicle that I have been able to drive, and it was a minor inconvenience over the Thanksgiving, Christmas and year end holidays. However, with things picking back up for me at the beginning of the year, I finally had to request a rental from my company. Unfortunately, I'm not sure, yet, if Ford is going to pick up the tab or if it will be passed along from our fleet vendor to the company.

Friday will mark 7 weeks that my vehicle has been at the dealership awaiting the part. I know all manufacturers occasionally have various issues, but I can't believe that Ford has been unable to resolve the issue with the "death wobble." I've driven Chevy trucks since I sold my '78 Bronco in 1988 and had decided my next vehicle purchase would likely be a Ford. I was excited when my company put me in a new '19 F250 last year but, even before this, I was really disappointed with the way it drives. I'm even more disappointed and frustrated with Ford's inability to fix my issue.

I know Mark is in a difficult position and I appreciate his help and for keeping me updated throughout the process. I now wish he wasn't the service manager, though, because I really want to vent my frustrations to somebody and Mark is just too nice of a guy to yell at!

As of now, there is still no estimate for when it will be repaired.
    My Flickr Photos

Dang that sucks man! Hope they get it straightened out for you. Death wobble is no joke, had it happen to me a couple months ago in my '12 Jeep. Replaced tie rod, drag link, track bar and ball joints. At least you aren't having to foot the bill for the repairs!

Comment

Michael the Ford Warranty fix is just a Bandaid fix. They use the same crappy factory parts or that has been my experience. For a permanent go heavy duty aftermarket or buy a Chevy

Comment

It is absolutely laughable that a company the size of FoMoCo can't eliminate a problem known as "death wobble" on a $75k dollar truck.

At least they didn't take a bail out!

Comment

After my experiences with death wobble, I wont own another F250 until this problem is really fixed. Everybody I know can't believe I am driving a Chevrolet now.

Comment

Yell at him anyway.
            He should be working at a Chevy dealership instead [emoji12][emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
              It is absolutely laughable that a company the size of FoMoCo can't eliminate a problem known as "death wobble" on a $75k dollar truck.

At least they didn't take a bail out!
              Chevy finally put the same bulb used in check engine light in their running lights and fixed that issue.

I hear about this on forums and I may have a problem this evening, but I know a looottttt of people driving super duty’s and none have had this issue.

Hope it gets resolved Michael

Comment

I had this happen on my 2013 F-250 this past year and it is frightening. I had my mechanic take it out for run and it didn't happen util he hit a small dip in the road. He used aftermarket parts and this should be the end of that problem. Death Wobble is no joke.

Comment

Until Ford admits and fixes the caster angle problem it will never get fixed. Of course when the angle is corrected by aftermarket parts it slightly increases the turn radius. It will now only take a 2 acre lot to make a full 360 turn

Comment

You can always yell at Marks boss to make you feel better! I’m sure he would appreciate that.

I’ve found with dealerships sometimes you have to get in someone’s azz to get the point across. With it being a fleet truck idk how that can change things but if it was a personal vehicle I’d be having a face to face with someone.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                        Until Ford admits and fixes the caster angle problem it will never get fixed. Of course when the angle is corrected by aftermarket parts it slightly increases the turn radius. It will now only take a 2 acre lot to make a full 360 turn
                        What aftermarket part or parts is needed to fix this. I need to fix it on my 2012

Comment

I will be cheaper for your company in the long run to take the truck to a good front end shop and get any worn parts replaced (track bar ball joint) and correct the alignment with additional castor angle and be done with it once and for all.

Comment

The Death Wobble is the entire reason I am not in a Super Duty. Love everything about the trucks but not dealing with that issue on a truck that costs that much.

Hope they get your problem truly solved Michael.

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin View Post
                              After my experiences with death wobble, I wont own another F250 until this problem is really fixed. Everybody I know can't believe I am driving a Chevrolet now.
                              IMO ford is just chasing the dragons tail with the death wobble
                              Those hard heads could engineer a IFS eliminating the DW
                              But that would mean admission of incompetence by ford engineers
                              $75000+ for a new truck and no results

Comment

Working...
                              X