No announcement yet.

2018-2019 Freestone County Hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

However I’ve talked to guys hunting different areas of the state and they are seeing different patterns this year and the one commonality is that rut was much later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
      Yeah I’d like to see open season on does all season for archery

Then them east texas boys will just shoot them with full metal jacket broadside and run a broadhead through he hole afterwards Honestly I think that area gets more doe days sooner than later with them looking like they are extending them in other counties every year. I expect navarro/freestone area to have the 23+ doe-day package from opening day of general season to the sunday after thanksgiving by 2020 or soon there after.

Comment

It was a horrible weekend with the moon being so bright. Deer movement was all night

Comment

I just drove by 1 of my food plots and 6 does are munching away. Barely even paid attention to me. Our deer are pretty tame, neighbor feeds them twice a day in his front yard. Its nothing to see 30 plus deer waiting for a handout.

Comment

Our place this year is very weird. We are seeing hardly any deer movement at all except during the rut. We have not seen any spike deer at all. The deer we see are young eights and small fork deer. It’s like our deer left and don’t understand why. We are about five miles from Richland chambers and the trinity river. We came no where close to flooding so I don’t know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Texasm1976 View Post
              Our place this year is very weird. We are seeing hardly any deer movement at all except during the rut. We have not seen any spike deer at all. The deer we see are young eights and small fork deer. It’s like our deer left and don’t understand why. We are about five miles from Richland chambers and the trinity river. We came no where close to flooding so I don’t know.

You guys aren’t far from me so helps to qualify what I’ve experienced this year.

Comment

I’m right off of 75 and 45.

Comment

They didn't shoot much at the Fairfield state park hunt last week either, weird. I remember seeing tons of deer around there 10 years ago.

Comment

I’m off 416 in Winkler

Comment

I am off 488 past 830

Comment

Finely found one in Fairfield

Comment

Good one

Comment

That’s a good one
                            I’m headed up tomorrow, are the bucks still active? My boy is still chasing that first buck so we will be out.

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
                              That’s a good one
                              I’m headed up tomorrow, are the bucks still active? My boy is still chasing that first buck so we will be out.

No chasing at all the bucks are in bachelor groups. Had a 7 and 6 with him. Well some bucks are. I will still see some loners walking.

Comment

Well my 8 yr old shot his first deer this evening, great way to tie up a season and end the year.
                                Came out about 10 minutes before the feeder threw behind a doe and disappeared very quickly and came back out after the feeder went off. He missed on the first shot but the deer didn’t leave and he made a good second shot.

Comment

Working...
                                X