No announcement yet.

2018-2019 Freestone County Hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This week and into the weekend will be prime time on the eastern part of the county. Cant speak for other areas

Comment

Wednesday after the rain and Thursday should be really good, wish I could get up there, will be sitting with the boy this wknd for the early youth wknd. Next time for me to be in a tree will be regular season opener unless my boy shoots one early this wknd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I’m seeing a lot more deer on camera and on stand the past few days. Looks like batchelor groups have split up. Also, some of what I’d describe as doe “following” but not yet “chasing”.

Comment

I’m with my son this wknd
          Had our target buck at the feeder at daylight this morning, buck I’ve been watching for 6 years. My son was shaking so bad we decided to hold off, back in the same stand now waiting for it to cool off
          Krio blind is a little toasty!

Comment

Yes I’m dying in the stand right now. No wind at all.

Comment

One little 8 so far

Comment

I have had a lot of deer and hog movement today. Shot a hog this morning with my crossbow from my dad’s stand. Then hunting my stand this evening and had 2 doe come in for a few minutes till the hogs ran them off. Got one hog dropped on the spot with my AR15-.223 then 10 minutes later the next one came in pretty much ignoring the first one dead on the ground. Also killed with the .223. Both were with the Photon night vision scope, man this thing is great for low light to no light hunting! 3 for 3 today. Also saw my first Timber Rattler ever in over 20 years of hunting here in Fairfield! He was crossing the county road after dark as I was headed into town. I stopped long enough to take this pic of it!

It has been an awesome day for me! For the record we are going to eat all of the hogs! [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Saturday morning

Comment

Howdee guys. I hunt right near Lake Fairfield and also off Hwy 489. Ive been in hog heaven it seems. Very few pics of deer and haven't even seen a shooter buck on camera. I shot up some hogs on last trip. Havent been in 2 weeks. I get off this rig Tuesda and will bow hunt last couple days of the season and be there for gun opener. Good luck to all.

Comment

Plenty of pork to go around!
                      Waiting on this guy to pop back out, he was here yesterday but not looking good this morning

Comment

Just got back from the lease. I have seen more bucks on camera but not really seeing any signs of rutting. Guess they are going to start later this year.

Comment

Comment

Update to yesterday’s post: rut’s about to kick in. Lot of chasing this morning. Back in stand at 3 waiting...

Comment

I had three does walk up to the feeder when that big buck was there sat morning
                              He completely ignored them
                              They are normally getting after it this time of year

Comment

I started a new thread but figured I would post here to. Needing to get a young dog on some easy tracks. If anyone gets a deer this weekend and can back out and wait for us I will track for free when you really need us.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X