Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outdoor edge all day!

Comment

I have both and use both. Havalon for more delicate work though like caping. Outdoor Edge is easier to change blades on but they do make a contraption for changing blades on Havalon that really works well.

Comment

Havalon here and I have snapped several blades but it was usually trying to separate joint's

Comment

Ever since somebody gifted me an "outdoor edge" butcher set... I told myself I would never buy/own an "outdoor edge" product again... that set was stupid terrible. Maybe their havalon knock-off is better? (don't know who came first, but I heard about havalons before I saw the outdoor edge replaceable blades.)

I like my havalon. It works great. And I always have a backup fixed/thick blade in case I need it (rarely ever do.)

Comment

Havalon for skinning/caping Heads only, edge light for everything else.

Comment

I have both. As others have said the blades and support is MUCH better on the outdoor edge. For heavy work it’s my go to.

About the only time I use my Havalon anymore is for fine caping or other light work.

I’ve broken dozens of Havalon blades. I’ve yet to break an outdoor edge blade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Mike D nailed it above....my thoughts exactly.

Comment

Agreed - Outdoor edge for the strength when in the field. For precise work trimming in the kitchen Havalons are nice.

Comment

Outdoor Edge every time. Ive got both and after breaking the blade in havalon, I haven't used it again.

Comment

Havalon. I have two.

Comment

The outdoor edge knife blades are way tougher...and cheaper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I like the Havalon better. The outdoor edge when using will get gunk stuck in where you put the blade.

Comment

I like my outdoor edge

Comment

Outdoor edge...havalon blades break.

Comment

Have both. Use Outdoor Edge the most. Gets my vote.

Comment

Working...
                                X