Water services industry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water services industry?

Anyone here work in water distribution for a municipality or performs hot taps or something similar? Just looking to network a little if anyone here does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just retired from the City of Waco. In utilities for 20 years.

Comment

About to retire from City of Dallas after 35 years. I operate the Raw water pump station on lake Tawakoni and sometimes the pump station on Lake Fork. Class C Distrubution license.

One of our pipelines
      Click image for larger version

Name:	83F2DEDF-7D38-4D75-9048-24888457DC28.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	24588608

Comment

I would love to work in one of those plants.

Comment

City of gilmer here, working on my c ground water now.

Comment

Originally posted by jrfan View Post
            About to retire from City of Dallas after 35 years. I operate the Raw water pump station on lake Tawakoni and sometimes the pump station on Lake Fork. Class C Distrubution license.

One of our pipelines
            [ATTACH]968330[/ATTACH]
            Gracious that's a big line. I don't think our valves would fit on that guy

Comment

My brother is a assistant manager at a waste water plant, I think he’s working on his B license.

Comment

City of Fort Worth water. Retired but still maintain my class B surface water operators license.

Gary

Comment

Not exactly as you asked, but been in the water infrastructure market since I was in college.

I worked for a GC that built elevated tanks for 10 years and now have my own company that provides asset management services directly to the end users.

Comment

I haven't been to fork in years, when did they do the pump station, and where is it located?

Comment

Sent you a PM Clay.

Comment

Been there 8-10 years now. On CR 1540 off of hwy 17

Comment

I was doing a suite a/c call on a mid rise office bldg. on Stemmons xpwy in the mid 90's when I noticed a drawing on the wall of a large pumphouse. I asked the older gentleman working there if it was for any of the local lakes. Turns out he was the design engineer for most of the stations in this area. We had a good discussion and I asked him about Lake Fork. He opened a drawer and pulled out a set of plans, and said he hoped it would get built while he was still alive. He appeared to be about 70 then, and I hope he got to see it. I always appreciated that he took the time to have a discussion with the a/c guy that was a total stranger. I have always been fascinated by large mechanical things, so the visit kind of made my day.

Comment

Working...
                          X