X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily Bible Portion (Thursday)

Daily Bible Portion - 5 of 7
    "REWARD"

(Weekly Reading>>Deuteronomy 7:12-11:25, Isaiah 49:14-51:3, Hebrews 12:1-29, Luke 4:1-13)

Moses reminds us of our rebellious nature that brought Yahweh’s anger in the desert. The story of the golden calf is a profound reminder to future generations. This is the warning Yahweh wants us to never forget – that if Israel had remembered the words and their commitment to Yahweh’s Covenant, there would never have been idol worship of Him, and their offspring (including us) would not be scattered among the nations far away from the Promised Land. How easily they fell into pagan idolatry worship of Yahweh and how easily we can follow that pattern, if we take our eyes off Him and gaze towards other pastures. Their rebellion was Yahweh’s sign for this generation.

Malachi 4:4-6 “Remember the Law of Moses, My servant, which I commanded him in Horeb for all Israel[including the aliens], with the statutes and judgments. Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of Yahweh. And he will turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers, lest I come and strike the earth with a curse.”

Applying the words Moses spoke will help protect against tragic events and terrorism from happening in our land. Yahweh says that if we live by His Words, the enemy would not be at our doorstep or live in the Land. We are not to allow other cultures, religions or Nations to set up their laws in our land (Exodus 12:49). This will defile what Yahweh has given to us. In the state of Michigan, the city of Dearborn permits Islamic Sharia law and also hosts the largest mosque in the USA. In the state of Maryland there is a larger mosque in the planning. This is why it is so important for us to “never forget the words given to Moses.” If we live in reverence and respect to Yahweh’s Words by obeying them in the Spirit of Yeshua, we will inherit His promises and prosper, otherwise we open ourselves up to destruction (Romans 1:18-32).

Numbers 15:15-16 “As for the assembly, there shall be one statute for you and for the alien who sojourns with you, a perpetual[everlasting/forever]statute throughout your generations; as you are, so shall the alien be before Yahweh. There is to be one law and one ordinance for you and for the alien who sojourns with you.”

Galatians 3:28 "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus [The Word/Law made flesh]."

James 4:12 There is one lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy [Jesus Christ] who art thou that judgest another?

John 5:22 For the Father judges no one, but has committed all judgment to the Son [The Law/Torah made flesh],

We need to encourage our children and the next generations in all the Words of Yahweh to help them become good stewards who love to obey His words. Our children are commanded to live by His Words, as every word spoken by Yahweh is relevant for today. His words are not to be learned as academia, but truly lived with our whole heart, as they are the good news of the Gospel to share with others. We are to be a people who never grow tired of hearing the Words of our Father. The Word spoken at Mount Sinai became flesh and dwelt among us. He is Yeshua, the Living Word (Genesis 1:1; John 1:1, 14).

If You Remember My Words

Deuteronomy 11:13-21 “And it shall be that if you earnestly obey My commandments which I command you today, to love Yahweh your God and serve Him with all your heart and with all your soul, then I will give you the rain for your land in its season, the early rain and the latter rain, that you may gather in your grain, your new wine, and your oil. And I will send grass in your fields for your livestock, that you may eat and be filled.”

“Take heed to yourselves, lest your heart be deceived, and you turn aside and serve other gods and worship them, lest Yahweh’s anger be aroused against you, and He shut up the heavens so that there be no rain, and the land yield no produce, and you perish quickly from the good land which Yahweh is giving you. Therefore you shall lay up these words of mine in your heart and in your soul, and bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. You shall teach them to your children, speaking of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up. And you shall write them on the doorposts[mezuzah] of your house and on your gates, that your days and the days of your children may be multiplied in the land of which the LORD swore to your fathers to give them, like the days of the heavens above the earth.”

Quoting from The Call of the Torah it says, “This verse [Deuteronomy 11:21] teaches us that the Land of Israel is given to Israel for all time. It is an eternal gift, like the gift of days of the heaven over the earth. Should the Jews be forced to relinquish it, they will retake it – for no other nation can inhabit it permanently.” (R’ Bachya Reproduced from Call of the Torah, by Rabbi Elie Munk, with permission of the copyright holders, ArtScroll / Mesorah Publications, Ltd.”).

Deuteronomy 11:22-25 “For if [conditional] you carefully keep all these commandments which I command you to do - to love Yahweh your God, to walk in all His ways, and to hold fast to Him - then Yahweh will drive out all these nations from before you, and you will dispossess greater and mightier nations than yourselves. Every place on which the sole of your foot treads shall be yours: from the wilderness and Lebanon, from the river, the River Euphrates, even to the Western Sea, shall be your territory. No man shall be able to stand against you; Yahweh your God will put the dread of you and the fear of you upon all the land where you tread, just as He has said to you.”

Jesus quotes from the Law:

John 14:15 "If you love Me, keep My commandments."

The Marriage Covenant

When Moses carried the confirmation of the Marriage Covenant (the Gospel, our ketubah, written on two stone tablets representing the Two Houses; the two witnesses of Messiah) down the Mountain to give to the people, he did not find them waiting for the Words of life. Moses found them worshipping Yahweh by reveling in Egyptian pagan activities around a golden calf. While waiting for Moses the newly betrothed Israelites made a detestable idol bridegroom, a substitute from the gift of gold Yahweh had given them (Exodus 31:1-4). In dismay and righteous indignation at their breaking the Marriage Covenant, Moses smashed the two stone tablets revealing a vivid picture of their stony hearts. The image also demonstrated the future splitting apart of the Two Houses of Israel and the twelve tribes being scattered among the Nations.

There is hope in all this as we read Ezekiel 11:19.

Ezekiel 11:19 “Then I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within them, and take the stony heart out of their flesh, and give them a heart of flesh.”

Forty days later, Moses returned from Mount Sinai with the newly inscribed tablets in his hands to give to the Children of Israel. This was a prophetic picture of Yeshua’s grace and mercy. His renewal that day of our broken Marriage Covenant is a prophecy that is still being fulfilled even in our day.

continues tomorrow...

Amen!

Comment

Working...
    X