Sika deer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Patton View Post
    Wish I had cell signal where I hunt for a cam like you.. I've seen doe/fawn families like that turn jet black and chocolate when they get their fall coat. Winter coats are pretty but those dark red/roan coats with the spots and black stripe...beautiful.
    Yeah, they're really pretty. The others are darker with fewer and fainter spots...
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Torqman View Post
      Are those dybouski (? Spelling) sika?
      Hard to tell exactly without being there but they look like Japs to me.

They dybowskis in wintertime are normally a gray and the japs a chocolate color

Comment

Originally posted by Torqman View Post
        Are those dybouski (? Spelling) sika?

The bucks are also 50-75lbs bigger

Comment

Two years ago, I just happened to be in the right place at the right time. I was hunting whitetails from a spot that hadnt been hunted in a long time, on family land. It was almost dark. I was looking at some does, and all of a sudden they both jerked their heads up. I looked where they were looking and this dark critter was walking across the pasture. Got binoculars up and said to myself "holy ****, thats a sika buck!" He walked across that field unsuspecting, like a dang cow. Once he got to about 120, he didnt go any farther. Hes not a giant but hes on the wall now, and filled the freezer. Cool critter.

Comment

Since we are talking about Sika, I hope you don't mind me posting this video Gets me amped up about hunting them! I'm going to try and cover some ground and call them in this October. Hopefully the monster I called in twice last year (sent you video of one of them Shane), wants to play again because I won't hold back this time
            Luck of the Draw | Texas Sika Bowhunting - YouTube

Nice video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Since we are talking about Sika, I hope you don't mind me posting this video Gets me amped up about hunting them! I'm going to try and cover some ground and call them in this October. Hopefully the monster I called in twice last year (sent you video of one of them Shane), wants to play again because I won't hold back this time
              Luck of the Draw | Texas Sika Bowhunting - YouTube

Nice video.

Comment

Originally posted by txtrophy85 View Post

The bucks are also 50-75lbs bigger
                Ya hit the nail on the head!

Comment

Will the Sika doe’s jump into a feeder pen that’s made out of hog panels?

Comment

Are the bucks this spooky? Zach and I had this doe and then a group of 5 sika does at under 10 yards this morning.

Comment

I had a young bull/buck show up at my slice of Texas in RS about 7wks ago. Saw him once on camera then he vanished. Last week while chatting with the neighboring property owner, he mentioned he had shot a really cool looking Sika deer. Showed me a pic and sure enough it was the same young Sika buck I had seen on camera. When I asked him why he shot such a young buck (4" antlers ) he said "Well, I had never killed one so I shot it". What an idiot!

Comment

Originally posted by joel45acp View Post
                        I had a young bull/buck show up at my slice of Texas in RS about 7wks ago. Saw him once on camera then he vanished. Last week while chatting with the neighboring property owner, he mentioned he had shot a really cool looking Sika deer. Showed me a pic and sure enough it was the same young Sika buck I had seen on camera. When I asked him why he shot such a young buck (4" antlers ) he said "Well, I had never killed one so I shot it". What an idiot!

That’s Rocksprings for ya lol [emoji23] reminds me of the neighbors that shoot axis bulls half grown out when we had the same bull be over 30 inches the season before..

Comment

Finally got a pic of a sika buck this morning. I guess they do exist.

Comment

Originally posted by denimdeerslayer View Post
                            All I know is they taste really good!
                            Best of all IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                              Are the bucks this spooky? Zach and I had this doe and then a group of 5 sika does at under 10 yards this morning.

Not sure where those cane from but the ones we have near Junction will never come that close. They like to circle down wind, sneak up right behind you and let out that bark they have and scare the bejeepers out if you. I think they have a better nose than a whitetail.

Comment

Working...
                              X