Toyota Land Cruiser, who has them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toyota Land Cruiser, who has them?

I recently bought a 2000 land cruiser and was told by a couple people that they are extremely popular off road vehicles. I was wondering if anyone has one that can tell me more about them?

I looked for a forum but I am not sure what forum is the best.

I have a 85 FJ60. Your’s would be a 100series or FJ-100.

They are great rigs, and will last forever with basic maintenance.

Ih8mud.com is the LC site. Join or the ads will drive you crazy. They get a little better, but still there. Tons of info in there.

Comment

I had a 75 FJ40 that I restored that I regret selling to this day. Also had a 92 FJ80 that was in great shape. They are good vehicles.

Comment

Originally posted by alwaysinshorts View Post
        I recently bought a 2000 land cruiser and was told by a couple people that they are extremely popular off road vehicles. I was wondering if anyone has one that can tell me more about them?

I looked for a forum but I am not sure what forum is the best.
        The FJ80 & FZJ80 are the extremely popular off road vehicles. The FZJ80 w/factory lockers has been voted many time as the best 4wd vehicle in the world. Used all over the desert in very remote places. I had an FZJ80 & wheeled it pretty hard. We drove it all over the USA. Very rugged & dependable. The 100 series (what you have) is decent but it ain't no 80 series.

Comment

I have a 94 FZJ80 300K miles, no factory lockers, and it is an amazing, indestructible, reliable, solid axle, off road beast for sure. It is such a joy to drive on and off-road.

My next upgrade is to add the rear aftermarket ARB air lockers.

The previous owner and I have put a lot of respect/cash into this rig.

I would sell...and regret it....if the price was right.
          Funny, the guy I bought it from regretted selling it immediately and asks to buy it back all the time.

Comment

A buddy of mine has one and absolutely loves it

Comment

I have one and may get another. They are popular because they are solid, capable and the newer ones are very comfortable. A 2000 will require a good baseline to get it up to speed. IH8MUD.com is probably the biggest Land Cruiser website with the most info.

Comment

1977 FJ40. Dad bought it in 1985 and handed it off to me. Love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Possum Fat View Post
                  1977 FJ40. Dad bought it in 1985 and handed it off to me. Love it.
                  Lucky.

Comment

I have a 95 80 series. It’s incredible how well it still runs with 223k on it. Leather seats are cracked and I have an occasional electrical issue but the full time 4WD and lockers is just bad ***.

And... I paid 1/4 for this than what a new UTV costs, and I have heat and AC

Comment

This thread is turning into drool fuel.

Comment

We sold a 99 with 270k miles on it a couple years ago. I would get in that thing and drive it anywhere! It was a great ride.

I'd like to get a FJ40 when funds allow someday...

Comment

I have been obsessed with them since I was 15. I have owned 6 of them and currently have an '84 FJ60

I can tell you WAY too much info about them.

ih8mud.com is the online authority and best forum out there.

Comment

One of my old lease mates had one that was bad to the bone!

Comment

incredible vehicles...….everywhere I hunt around the globe it is either the LandCruiser or the Landrover making tracks in places I doubt I would venture in anything else.

Comment

Working...
                              X