Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody speak another language around the camp or home?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m fairly fluent in 3 languages. English, Sarcasm and Profanity

Comment

I speak a little Spanish...used to be pretty fluent but have lost quite a bit of it over the years

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

My dad spoke fluent Czech when he was in his 20’s back in the early 80’s with his grandmother who immigrated from Czechoslovakia. Now when the brews start flowing so does the entire families Czech vocab [emoji23] [emoji482]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I used to completely understand polish and texmex. Now just bits and pieces. It's true, if you don't use it you lose it.

My Dad and Grandmother spoke polish in front of me, about me when they didn'twant me to know what they were talking about. Figured out what they were saying so they switched to texmex and I figured that out also. My Grandma was the cypher... she would speak a mix of all three at one time when she was on the phone with friends/family and I just filled in the blanks...

Comment

I speak Spanish fluently. My wife and I usually speak both English and Spanish at home but mostly Spanish when we are with our parents even though my dad can speak English Fluently

Comment

Soy el “Gringo Preferido”.

I’m in charge of everything south of the Rio Bravo in my company because of it.

Speaking, reading and writing Spanish has really helped along the way.
              Last edited by TransPecos; 08-12-2019, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                I have heard some folks that drank a lot speaking some strange languages around the fire.
                Separated by a common langue...........

Just for late night fun..............

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdFpsxpqKco"]Scottish DUI test -drunk driver - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

I don't speak another language, but when that yankee woman I married gets mad, you better hold on! I don't have any idea whats she says and I don't think I want to know.

Comment

I lived in Indonesia for several years and spoke it pretty well when I left, but it is pretty useless anywhere else....lol I really wish I could speak Spanish, took it for 2 years in high school, but never used it so I forgot 95% of it

Comment

Conversational pig Latin here.

Comment

Originally posted by sandbill View Post
                        Conversational pig Latin here.
                        [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q88huvvqnto"]Learning Pig Latin From The Three Stooges! ("Tassels In The Air", 1938) - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

had a brazilian girlfriend back in the day. her parents spoke very broken english and was reliant on Portuguese. i didnt know this until i took her hunting one day and she got upset with something i did and started mumbling portuguese under her breath.. wow, was that sexy af.. i did everything i could to pizz her off as much as possible for the rest of the night..

Comment

My Grandfather forbid anyone to speak any other language except MED DE GAN.
                            He was so proud to be an American, his native Italian was almost never spoken until he started yelling .
                            Nonna taught us some Italian, picked up some around the houses and most of us took it in high school. Funny the teachers always knew when we got help from our family. It was done in slang not proper Italian.
                            I can hold a simple conversation in Italian and I taught my sons a few words.

Comment

I used to understand bits a pieces of Hi and Low German. Paternal Grandparents immigrated from Germany in mid 1930's.

I used to be able to speak conversational Italian. I was stationed in Naples for 13 months in the early 90's. I dated an Italian.

Now I speak a smattering of Spanish. It's the native language of a majority of my Co-workers.

I don't speak any of it good anymore.

Comment

I recall some Vietnamese.

Mama san "You numba 10 GI. You beaucoup dien cai dau. You no come back here no mo."

Comment

Working...
                                X