Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PM sent.

Comment

Well it was a very tough choice, but after riding it 4 times before I could decide I picked up a Trek Emonda ALR 5 yesterday. The other bike that grabbed my attention was the aluminum Cannondale Synapse. The Synapse is a **** good bike. I rode it three times, with the last being nearly an hour. Very smooth, light and nimble. The Emonda though, surprised me the first time I rode it. It felt like I could ride it all day, and where the Synapse was light and nimble, the Emonda felt stable and very planted to the ground. And it is so freakin fast! It’s absolutely dead quiet and tracks perfectly at speed. It has more gear than I have legs - this evening I got it up to 29mph (downhill) and still had another gear.

Very happy with it so far, and it should last me for a number of years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I rode a Raleigh when I was younger. Always wanted a Cannondale.

Comment

Congrats on the new bike!!! My next bike will be a Rocky Mountain Solo 70 ..

Comment

go to a bike shop, they will it you, you can get an entry level bike for 12K....good luck

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
              Well it was a very tough choice, but after riding it 4 times before I could decide I picked up a Trek Emonda ALR 5 yesterday. The other bike that grabbed my attention was the aluminum Cannondale Synapse. The Synapse is a **** good bike. I rode it three times, with the last being nearly an hour. Very smooth, light and nimble. The Emonda though, surprised me the first time I rode it. It felt like I could ride it all day, and where the Synapse was light and nimble, the Emonda felt stable and very planted to the ground. And it is so freakin fast! It’s absolutely dead quiet and tracks perfectly at speed. It has more gear than I have legs - this evening I got it up to 29mph (downhill) and still had another gear.

Very happy with it so far, and it should last me for a number of years.
              Trek makes a great bike.
              Where's the pic?

Strava if you haven't already joined is a great way to track all your rides and fitness, and a great motivator when you see what others can do on the same stretch of road.
              We also got a TBH Club on Strava.

Comment

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
                Yep, there are some pricey ones. My entry level one was $800. But compared to a $200 one at walmart, it is not even close. Assuming i keep riding, I will probably step up to a $2500 carbon in a couple of years, and that is still in the entry levels haha
                I ride a Trek somethin somethin... Been a few since I bought it. But it was a good entry bike. Looking to step up later this year as I am riding pretty regular now. Started back in the MTB as well with my Specialized Rockhopper.
                Originally posted by Clark View Post
                Trek makes a great bike.
                Where's the pic?

Strava if you haven't already joined is a great way to track all your rides and fitness, and a great motivator when you see what others can do on the same stretch of road.
                Just started Strava Saturday with a 28 mile ride around the lake. Search for Mike Harr.

Comment

Originally posted by Clark View Post
                  Trek makes a great bike.

Where's the pic?

Here ya go. Not a very flashy bike, but I didn’t buy it for the color. Can’t get over how great it rides. Just seems faster and faster every time I ride it.

I’ve been using Map My Ride, but the additional functionality of Strava sounds pretty cool. I’ll look y’all up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Like others have said, get fitted and see what size frame you need then look on used websites once you have a better idea of what you want. I also recently made the transition from solely MTB to also street riding to get my endurance up. I picked up a 2019 Specialized Roubaix Pro on Pinkbikes.com with less than a hundred miles on it for close to half off the new price. Let someone else take that hit. Love the bike too! Good luck and don’t be in too big of a rush, the deals are out there- you just have to find them.

Comment

Strava is awesome. I really like it and if you’re using one of their routes it’s nice to be able to tell your wife the route you’re riding so if you aren’t back when expected there is a starting point to look

I’d also suggest looking at some of your local breweries for ride groups. Normally they have all experience levels and it’s always nice to get a couple free beers after a ride

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5CM View Post
                          Nice!

Thanks! Haven’t really gotten to go for a good long ride yet. With school starting it’s just been little sprints around the block or a short loop. If the weather holds though I will do 30 miles on Saturday morning and check my pace and stamina. I don’t have a feel yet for whether I can hang with a group ride, but I want to see how I hold up vs being on a mountain bike. Did 24 last Saturday on my Rockhopper 29er and thought I’d permanently broke my butt LOL.

Comment

Working...
                          X