No announcement yet.

Houston Area Gunsmith Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ll have to look into mg arms when I need more work. I used felands in cypress for years, hell I’ve been on a duck hunt with the owners son and been camping at their property on the Brazos.ive always sent work their way but my last visit with them ended with me getting absolutely hosed on 2 different guns. One they “fixed”. Took it duck hunting the next day, first shot it was still broke and doing exactly what it was doing before. When I contacted them they said I didn’t pay to fix that I paid to have them reseat something?? The other gun was suppose to be a cheap fix, supposedly covered under warranty from the manufacturer but the labor they charged me cost more than I even paid for the gun. Worried they didn’t actually fix that one either they ended up getting to keep my gun. Needless to say they lost a faithful costumer

Comment

Used pitchford one time, will not again

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post

Pete has done 3 custom rifles for me and did a muzzle break, trigger and bed on another.
        Would highly recommend him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Larry Feland has done great work for me. 290 and Barker Cypress

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post

I’ll second this, Pete is a great gunsmith

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyJoe View Post
              Thanks for all of the replies. So it's either between MG in Spring or Precision Barrel Works in Hempstead ... I work out in Waller so Pete seems like the logical choice from a logistical standpoint. I've combed his website pretty thoroughly and he seems legit.

Trust me, he is legit!

Comment

Freer Gun Shop. Family owned and I believe they've been in business over 50yrs

Comment

Working...
                X