Age guess? Will he even make 13"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bryan11 View Post
    Looks too close on 13", interested in what the GW says if you show him.
    GW said he definitely looks old, but doesn't look over 13" so he's not legal. I hope this deer had a better rack in his prime since he's probably gonna get a pass now.

Comment

"I’ll take a look but if it’s not 13 inches it isn’t legal to shoot. No doubt the intent is to let young bucks get old, but older bucks are sometimes not legal bucks."

"Definitely looks like an older buck but I would guess he isn’t outside 13 inches"

Texts from the GW

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
        "I’ll take a look but if it’s not 13 inches it isn’t legal to shoot. No doubt the intent is to let young bucks get old, but older bucks are sometimes not legal bucks."

"Definitely looks like an older buck but I would guess he isn’t outside 13 inches"

Texts from the GW
        Blah he/she don't know deer.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
          He is also post mature and East Tx! Ear tip to ear tip is a lot wider than 13".
          kinda what I was thinking.

Comment

I think he makes 13". I had a deer very similar to this deer and he cleared 13". It was MLD so the AR didnt apply

Comment

I say wait till you see him in person, can't tell diddly from those pictures. Let us know when you do.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Tell BigThicketBoy to shoot him and check then..

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  Tell BigThicket BBoy to shoot him and check then..

You may be on to something there

Comment

Hopefully the deer is not a morning time deer he will never get up on time

Comment

I'm tempted to send pics to the GW and see what he says

He will tell you he better be 13”

Comment

<13

Comment

...... May need to be coyote bait
                          So you are encouraging him to break 2 laws, with one of those being a class A misdemeanor? Intentionally wasting meat is about the most unethical violation I can think of. It’s just wrong.

And unless you are going to shoot a lot more deer than just this 1, you aren’t making any improvements to genetics. The doe is 1/2 the equation, and he’s got lots of relatives there too. Mom, grandma, half-sisters, dad, half-brothers, etc. Shooting a single deer doesn’t change anything about genetics, especially on low fence.

Comment

I’d say he barely makes the 13” in my experience Big old bucks usually have big ole heads and big ole ears which makes it deceiving

Comment

Originally posted by wildaggie View Post
                              So you are encouraging him to break 2 laws, with one of those being a class A misdemeanor? Intentionally wasting meat is about the most unethical violation I can think of. It’s just wrong.

And unless you are going to shoot a lot more deer than just this 1, you aren’t making any improvements to genetics. The doe is 1/2 the equation, and he’s got lots of relatives there too. Mom, grandma, half-sisters, dad, half-brothers, etc. Shooting a single deer doesn’t change anything about genetics, especially on low fence.

Encouraging who?

Ummm.....no. I'm hoping coyotes eat his old arse. I do not ever break fish and game laws.

Comment

Looks like he showed up at another spot. Y'all think this is the same deer? Not a good pic (WGI), but it may be the same old guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X