No announcement yet.

Processing a deer ..... awesome stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the update Blake. This is good stuff to know. From my experience I've noticed that a couple of the cuts of meat he processed either do not exist on Texas deer or are so small they're not worth messing with since our deer are much smaller as a whole.

The other thing is: Don't try this at the deer lease, do it at home or wherever your final destination is. I think Legdog had a pretty interesting thread where he got a ticket for processing his deer before he got home.

Comment

Tagged

Comment

Great post!

Comment

Ron is a friend of mine and we have shared camp together years ago. He is very proficient and thorough with everything he does. There are not many projects he cant complete or things he cant build. Awesome job!

Comment

Tagged!

Comment

Thanks for posting. Can’t believe this is the first time I’m seeing this thread!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

rock n roll. excellent teaching tool. very clear.

Comment

Subscribed. Don't know how I've missed this one over the years but I'll be sure to pass it on to others.

Comment

Originally posted by double lung View Post
                    that was cool....

but why is the kid wearing gloves?
                    Why not?

Comment

Great job.

Comment

good to see this one again...

Comment

I haven't seen anyone take the rib meat in a long time.

Comment

Threads like this need to be saved and put in a new "tab" under "history and traditions" on the main forum tab. Maybe a "how to" forum.

Comment

That's what's nice doing your own processing, you can cut and wrap what you like to eat .I don't like roasts of any kind. So I cut mine into steaks, jerky( stew meat), and ground ( hamburger ready, or mix for sausage) and wrap as such. And you know what"..........................................he never soaked it in ice or ice water either. That is what the meat should look like, before you cook it ( grill it, what ever). Still red and yes contains some blood, you didn't see him wrap a Kotex in that package to soak up the blood either. Hope fully a lot see this, because this is how meat should be butchered, period. Anything soaked in water, you like tofu better then meat and can't admit it, or it was improperly taken care of in the field and your trying to " bland it down" ( tofu it).
                              Last edited by critter69; 10-11-2018, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Tagged

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X