No announcement yet.

Polk and Hardin Co. Hunters thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I set out two game cameras looking at scrapes on Monday. Pulled the cards Wednesday to see what's coming by. Looks like "maybe" a shooter 10 in one pic. Couple young 8 pointers. Still glad to see deer rut activity starting up.

Scrape cam #1

Scrape cam #2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Grndchecker View Post
      Well after a late start this morning due to rain, I had the pen bully spike come out at 18 yards. Broadside and arrow passed through. Blood splatter for 8 feet where he stood. Mule kicked and came down on his chest and crashed through the brush behind me.
      Waited an hour and started trailing. Good blood and a lot of it. Four and a half hours and 300 yards later I lost the trail. Frustrating is an understatement. Bow hunting is tough.
      That's always tough when you see a good blood trail and still not recover the animal. I still remember you blood trailing my doe @ my lease in the dark and thick piney woods. Good luck hope you get a big one.

Comment

Originally posted by Grndchecker View Post
        Well after a late start this morning due to rain, I had the pen bully spike come out at 18 yards. Broadside and arrow passed through. Blood splatter for 8 feet where he stood. Mule kicked and came down on his chest and crashed through the brush behind me.
        Waited an hour and started trailing. Good blood and a lot of it. Four and a half hours and 300 yards later I lost the trail. Frustrating is an understatement. Bow hunting is tough.

That sucks. If you ever want help tracking, I will give you a hand

Comment

Originally posted by axisbuck View Post
          That's always tough when you see a good blood trail and still not recover the animal. I still remember you blood trailing my doe @ my lease in the dark and thick piney woods. Good luck hope you get a big one.
          How have you been?
          Your doe seemed easy compared to mine yesterday. Deer will normally follow a trail through thick east Texas brush. This one ran through where it was strip cut a few years ago. Get to an opening and a guessing game where he went.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
            That sucks. If you ever want help tracking, I will give you a hand
            Thanks, Jeff. I appreciate the offer. I’m the only member on my lease that works shift work so a lot of the time I’m here midweek by myself.

Comment

I’m going to be in Diboll tomorrow thru Sunday with my daughter on a TYHP hunt at Renfro Hunt Club near Junction 58. Anybody know anything about that place? We will be tent camping across from Junction 58 Restaurant.

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post

I was wondering how that big brow fella finished out. Very nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Gbird View Post
                  I’m going to be in Diboll tomorrow thru Sunday with my daughter on a TYHP hunt at Renfro Hunt Club near Junction 58. Anybody know anything about that place? We will be tent camping across from Junction 58 Restaurant.

Look out for snakes! That place is full of ‘em

Comment

Originally posted by jonate98 View Post
                    Look out for snakes! That place is full of ‘em

Thanks for the heads up!

Comment

Rut is on! I just went and pulled camera cards. I saw 5 deer while driving out there. An 8 pointer almost crashed into my 4 wheeler! Saw a nice looking buck on my camera. Then I noticed the pics were 5 minutes before I pulled the card
                      I will be hunting him in the morning.

Comment

Comment

yeah it is! look at him all swole up!

Comment

That's a great looking buck. Good luck and I hope he slips up for you.

Comment

Guy on the lease shot a doe last night I don't know how he managed to find her.

Sent from my LM-X210CMR using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m in Votaw off 1293. PineRidge Hunting Club. TTT

Comment

Working...
                                X