No announcement yet.

New tires help me pick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cooper STT Pro 35x12.50x20s on my Super duty.
    On my second set. First set got 50k rotating every oil change.
    They do great in mud, are road quite and look good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I have tried most at and mud tires by the major manufacturers in different trucks. I have never been a nitro fan beside of all the stories about poor tire wear. I am now in my 2nd set of ridge grapplers. Hands down the best riding, wear, noise, balancing tire I have had and the traction, handling and style is as good or better than any at tire put there. Got about 50k on the first set and prob could have pulled another 4-5k out of them with ease but I don’t like the chance of flats so I change early.
      Not sure I will change tires on my next set either and I usually try something different every change.

Comment

Originally posted by JustinJ View Post
        I've run Cooper AT3s on diesel trucks since I was in high school. Got 60K out of my last set on a '15 3/4 ton Duramax. Wont switch until I find something better than that.
        I have them on my 2017 Duramax, they have 43K on them now, I may get to 50K but unlikely, I am looking for new tires as well, will stick with Cooper unless I find something else I like better.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Stalker View Post
          Best set of tires I’ve had so far. My truck is really heavy and I pull heavy trailers. I rotate them every oil change. I was super impressed. I never got more than 30-35 thousand with Nittos or coopers. Only going to the AT2 Extreme because I like the aggressiveness and they include a 50,000 mile warranty. I’m a general contractor and drive a lot. I need tires to last. I love muds tires but this truck eats them up fast.

I’ll def look into them. I’m in a 350 and I’ll be dealing with a lot of snow and icy conditions this year, so I’m wanting to be prepared. Thanks a lot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have the ridge grapplers love them . smooth enough tread to work well but without noise or the down side of a mud tire . Also I can get my tire size 35/ 12.50 /20 in a F load rating for towing . which I do a fair amount of . had toyos before coopers for a short time ( they wore out very quickly) wear though I feel is not something that can be rated across the board.

tire pressure , weight you tow or do not tow with , power of given vehicle . with a truck like mine that I can blow the tires off on a roll at 30 mph or so even light take offs it will spin on the tape line . just saying that hard to take one person " I got 50K " and compare to the next guy .

Comment

Originally posted by HDWRENCH View Post
              I have the ridge grapplers love them . smooth enough tread to work well but without noise or the down side of a mud tire . Also I can get my tire size 35/ 12.50 /20 in a F load rating for towing . which I do a fair amount of . had toyos before coopers for a short time ( they wore out very quickly) wear though I feel is not something that can be rated across the board.

tire pressure , weight you tow or do not tow with , power of given vehicle . with a truck like mine that I can blow the tires off on a roll at 30 mph or so even light take offs it will spin on the tape line . just saying that hard to take one person " I got 50K " and compare to the next guy .
              Ive got a tuned 17’ 350 running Toto RTs. They don’t last, but that’s due to my foot. My Michelin LTXs didn’t last at all either, and everyone loves them for mileage. I’ll be replacing them by 25k, but I’m going back with RTs. They’ve been the best tire I’ve ran for my needs.

Comment

Just got almost 50,000 on a set of Toyo Rt tires on a 2000 7.3 f350. Very impressive tires. Nitto AT got me like 30,000. About to try Toyo AT2 Extreme.

I have the Toyo ATs and I’m sitting with good tread at 37,000 miles. Great tires.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                  Ive got a tuned 17’ 350 running Toto RTs. They don’t last, but that’s due to my foot. My Michelin LTXs didn’t last at all either, and everyone loves them for mileage. I’ll be replacing them by 25k, but I’m going back with RTs. They’ve been the best tire I’ve ran for my needs.
                  the little cummins just pulled 645/1280 at this point needs larger injectors but gen 3 swap for the turbo full delete and Ez with calibrated tunes .. In the rain yesterday I had to roll it back to 1 on the SOFT knob. I went to just move forward and it was spinning .

So I get the hard on the tires deal ha ha , the mud tires for me at least where the worst no traction in rain at all , loud as all get out ..

these to me are the best over all i can get , so until something better comes along I will stay with these .

Comment

Originally posted by JustinJ View Post
                    I've run Cooper AT3s on diesel trucks since I was in high school. Got 60K out of my last set on a '15 3/4 ton Duramax. Wont switch until I find something better than that.
                    I have the same on my 2011 2500HD. Great set of tires. I'm on my second set and I was around 47k miles and about 6/32 tread depth on the first set before I replaced them, so they still have a little life left in them.

That being said aside from the lease roads, and occasional pulling of a trailer most of my driving was city, and highway driving. Nothing rough

Comment

Another vote for the Toyo RT's

Comment

TOYO Open Country M/T. You can get them in load range F. Have them on my truck and will never go to another tire on any of our vehicles.

Comment

What kinda mileage you get on those. They sure are sexy. Just afraid the diesel will mow em down quick.

Originally posted by Hix View Post
                          Cooper STT Pro 35x12.50x20s on my Super duty.
                          On my second set. First set got 50k rotating every oil change.
                          They do great in mud, are road quite and look good.

Originally posted by JayKen86 View Post
                          its not one of your choices, but ive really enjoyed my cooper stt pros

Originally posted by JayKen86 View Post
                          I have mine on a 2011 f-250 and have 20k on them with right at 50% tread left. They have worn even with no issues. I had duratracs before and didn't have near as good luck with them.

I just put a set of these (275/65/20) on my f250 today
                          They look sweet, only have about 50 miles on them so can’t comment on anything else.

Very aggressive and the road noise is not bad at all.

Comment

nitto is the only thing i run in my 3/4ton

Comment

I'm definitely a Toyo fan, I had a set of AT2 (extremes) and got 70k out of them and at that moment it wasn't like anything was bald... it was just time. I then swaped them for the R/T's and currently have a touch over 40k and looking at them I should easily be able to get another 15-20k more. Great Great Great tires.

Comment

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
                                TOYO Open Country M/T. You can get them in load range F. Have them on my truck and will never go to another tire on any of our vehicles.

Just curious. What does the load range F mean. For heavier trucks??

Comment

Working...
                                X