No announcement yet.

1st Leg LIVE!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The woods are absolutely dead this morning. No wind, squirrels aren’t barking, birds aren’t chirping... Just one of those days I reckon.

Comment

This has been painful. Gonna give it another 15min or so, go grab a biscuit, regroup, and scout the river property.

Comment

I'm in for this one! its been a good one already. Whiffs and all

Comment

Glad to see this thread and good luck.

Comment

Well that went over like a fart in church! I just knew I was going in to get an arrow bloody this morning. Weird morning, not sure what’s going on. Pressure looks pretty good, it’s just hot and muggy. Time for a biscuit and a scouting trip.

Comment

Sure good to see you posting up Steve!! We had a total washout Down South this weekend (south Liberty County AND Webb County)... I went to Webb County... water was waist deep under my feeder... Had Mesican black ducks and teal under my feeder!! None of us even took out guns/bows out the cases...

Good luck on the deer hunting and "dear hunting"...

Comment

Always my favorite live thread of the year, looking forward to this one!

.... and I'd rather hunt in a dang thunderstorm than these windless, dead calm, hot and muggy days we're having right now. BUT, I'd rather have them now than at the end of the month when it really gets good.

All caught up and tuned in now. Good Luck!!

Comment

Good luck.
                  I saw deer Saturday morning in the rain and got skunked in the hot, still weather.

Comment

You may have to break down and go sit in the national forest, to change it up, them lease deer have your number.

Comment

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                        Sure good to see you posting up Steve!! We had a total washout Down South this weekend (south Liberty County AND Webb County)... I went to Webb County... water was waist deep under my feeder... Had Mesican black ducks and teal under my feeder!! None of us even took out guns/bows out the cases...

Good luck on the deer hunting and "dear hunting"...
                        Teal season was open. Should have throttled a limit lol. I heard it got pretty western down aouth.

Originally posted by nimrodajh View Post
                        Always my favorite live thread of the year, looking forward to this one!

.... and I'd rather hunt in a dang thunderstorm than these windless, dead calm, hot and muggy days we're having right now. BUT, I'd rather have them now than at the end of the month when it really gets good.

All caught up and tuned in now. Good Luck!!
                        Shoot man we’ve been lucky over here in Cherokee Co! We get hot muggy and still in the mornings, thinder storms in the evenings lol. Bout to go take a peek at a spot along the river that I know you’ll appreciate.

Comment

Originally posted by jooger17 View Post

Teal season was open. Should have throttled a limit lol. I heard it got pretty western down South.
                          Thought about, but it wouldn't have looked too good to have brought them into camp with their craw full of corn...

Comment

I will call him Unicorn. He did this last year at the beginning of season. Gets regular for just a few days at the beginning of season at a feeder then cancels all daylight movement on any of our cameras. He’s been there the last 2 mornings and evenings. He camped out yesterday. Let’s hope he slips up this evening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What a neck on that sucker!! Good luck runnin' an arra thru him!

Comment

I’m not sure what kind of signal I have in that pop up. I hunted it a couple of times last year and signal was in and out, so here’s the scoop...

We had several pics of this deer last year. He’s not anything super exceptional, but he’s old, cagey and framey and that’s what trips my trigger. Besides that I hunted him a couple of times last year and he won so there’s a little vendetta built up. Anyways, normally I’d already be settled in waiting on him to show. The thing stopping me right now is the wind is DEAD WRONG. That doesn’t look like it’s going to change so i’m going to lean HEAVY on the Ozonics this evening. Radar shows a pretty good chance of a Thunderstorm this evening at 3:45 so at the first sign of a wind change or rain I’m putting a slicker suit on and sneaking in. I’m goong to leave all the windows closed on the blind and keep the Ozonics pumping. When it gets a little closer to 7pm I’ll crack 1 shooting window and get ready. It’s an absolute gamble and normally I would never under any circumstance try and cheat the wind but I think this storm and scent control is going to help me. Mr. David Barclay told me one time “The best time to kill a big buck is when he’s there.” Lots of truth to that. History from last year says I have another day or two at beat before he disappears anyways so I really don’t have anything to lose. I’ll update when I head in, not sure if I’ll be able to posy from the blind or not. Wish me luck.

Comment

Working...
                                X