No announcement yet.

This weather sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heading back to the ranch tomorrow. Hopefully it will be a bit cooler.

Comment

It was 85 when we left Junction this afternoon. We couldn’t even get a doe in bow range. It always seems to get cold on Monday’s when we are at work.

Comment

This weather is awesome...for March and April.

Comment

Originally posted by speck1 View Post
          It was 85 when we left Junction this afternoon. We couldn’t even get a doe in bow range. It always seems to get cold on Monday’s when we are at work.

Yep and That's why I love shift work...

Comment

Glad I killed some early bucks. Had I waited it would be tough going.

Comment

Strange year for us also. The older bucks are mostly nocturnal and have been for three weeks. I finally saw some activity at/near feeder yesterday morning but the fog was so thick I couldn’t risk a shot. Acorns everywhere.

Then this evening my daughter (28) shot her first buck ever! You just never know!

Comment

Blame it on Austin.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                  I shot a 150’s deer so I can’t complain too much but the weather and hunting has been terrible since yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Word. But mine came on the day it was 32* in early nov. one of the only days it has been that cold in trinity this season - good luck yall

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                    Jealous!

There were mosquitoes swarming as I was trying to drink a cup of coffee on the back porch this morning....
                    Snow > mosquitoes any day!!!

Comment

It was def warm when I left San Antonio at 5pm. About 80 degrees. Got to midland around 930 and it was 40. In shirts and t-shirt so I wasn’t ready but it felt good. Wish i was hunting instead of working.

Comment

95 Deg at 4pm in freer saturday when I bump into this. Crazy for sure middle of December Click image for larger version

Name:	snake.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	173.4 KB
ID:	24601397

Comment

31 degrees here at the ranch tonight outside of F'berg!!! Glorious!!! Heavy 9 came in at dusk but I've seen better during the rut![emoji1662]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                            I’ve seen more 150”+ killed than ever before. And I’ve got the most and best 3yo age group I’ve ever seen. There’s acorns everywhere but that ain’t the devil.

Shake it up and thick outside the box. What’s the worst that could happen? Not see anything
                            I agree, hunting sure has changed since I started hunting
                            Every one, I mean every one is so dependent on hunting over feeders, and can’t quit complaining about deer not coming to corn or to their box blind, when people have time to hunt they should make hay while the sun shines, Hunt a trail out if a brush blind or glass a field or canyon, walk what ever.
                            Sitting around paralyzed complaining about acorns and such
                            We had screw worms around when I first started hunting now that is worth complaining about because we basically had no deer to hunt
                            My grandpa would buy a burlap sack of corn and use a coffee can full of corn
                            Sometimes, , we hunted in a tree with 2x4’s nailed in the tree or cut some cedar and sat on the ground, no 4x4 or utv’s
                            We are hunting in the best of times, extended seasons, MLD ect
                            Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 12-16-2019, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Time to bundle up for this sit!!![emoji2962]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck!

You don't want to come hunt your E Tx pine thicket???

Comment

Working...
                                X