• Show
Clear All

Oh the irony

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
      Oh the irony

I'm defiantly not the best speller, but sometimes I spell things rong on porpoise.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
        I'm defiantly not the best speller, but sometimes I spell things rong on porpoise.
        Maybe, but you're also worried about how another man measures his pipe

Comment

Those are decimals in that chart.

And if I.D. was the call why is OD the second column?

Comment

Originally posted by quackerbox View Post
            maybe, but you're also worried about how another man measures his pipe

sent from my sm-g970u using tapatalk
            lol. Smh.

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
            Those are decimals in that chart.

And if I.D. was the call why is OD the second column?
            The same guy that came up with how to measure a 2x4 wrote the chart.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
              One of my pet peeves that has stuck with me since my downhole tool days, is properly calling out pipe sizes.

Every time I hear someone say " 2 3/8 pipe or 2 7/8 pipe" its like fingernails on a chalkboard.

I just thought some of you might be interested in this info.

Most pipe is roughly measured in I.D. at standard thickness up until 14" pipe. I say roughly because you wont find a 2" pipe measuring 2" anywhere, but all 2" pipe is 2 3/8 OD.

If you find a peace of pipe that doesn't match this chart, then you have a peace of tubing, not pipe.
              I have a peace pipe. Probably a thousand years old. About 1inch inside the bowl .

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                I have a peace pipe. Probably a thousand years old. About 1inch inside the bowl .
                Peace pipes are measured by circumference not diameter. That’s an old Indian method I learned in Iran.

Comment

Some in the class might not comprende’ ‘ID’ vs.’OD’.You might explain.

Carry out the plan of the day…

Comment

I've always used a tape measure.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                      Peace pipes are measured by circumference not diameter. That’s an old Indian method I learned in Iran.
                      I thought the bowl of the pipe was measured by the amount of hits it took to empty it

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
                        I'm in the utility business, which builds, operates, and maintains many times more pipe than the energy sector ever will, and that whole chart is essentially meaningless in my world!

Yeah but “high pressure” in y’all’s world is about as much pressure as my craftsmen air compressor puts out. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                          I thought the bowl of the pipe was measured by the amount of hits it took to empty it

You know that does make more since. Freaking Iranians!!

Comment

I sell and deal with Pipe and Tubing all the time on the Hydraulic and pneumatics side. People are always like well its just a standard thread.... There are no more standard threads in today world. i deal with about 25 different ways to seal off a fitting on a daily basis.

You really blow there mind when they put a tape measure on 1/4NPT threads and they measure roughly 1/2". They will try to tell you its 1/2NPT... Happens weekly.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                              My nails on chalkboard is spelling. It’s piece of pipe, not peace……….
                              Zing!!!!!

Now, where’s the 2-3/8” drill pipe on that chart, I didn’t see it.

Comment

Originally posted by dclifton View Post

You really blow there mind when they put a tape measure on 1/4NPT threads and they measure roughly 1/2". They will try to tell you its 1/2NPT... Happens weekly.
                                I worked for a concrete truck manufacturer. I had to do inventory of the hydraulic fitting myself, because guys couldn't figure out the difference in a JIC or NPT.

Comment

Working...
                                X