Looking to buy a ranch/land 2-3 hours from Houston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking to buy a ranch/land 2-3 hours from Houston

I've scoured every resource I can get my hands on but haven't found the right place just yet. Please let me know what you have or know of.
    Some priorities, ranked:
    At least 30 acres
    House preferable
    Pond/lake a huge plus
    2-3 hours from Houston with preference in the Piney Woods.

Thanks everyone.

I know its not 30 acres but my parents have 12 acres with a nice house, pond and barn for sale in Crockett

Comment

Originally posted by TexasLongball View Post
      I've scoured every resource I can get my hands on but haven't found the right place just yet. Please let me know what you have or know of.
      Some priorities, ranked:
      At least 30 acres
      House preferable
      Pond/lake a huge plus
      2-3 hours from Houston with preference in the Piney Woods.

Thanks everyone.
      I just missed a good one in Centerville....44 acres, pond, house, shop, etc.....

Comment

Cash or Finance?

The cool thing about acreage at that size is if it has an existing home and it appraises to a certain ratio against the land you can go with a traditional mortgage which if you went the entire 30 years you would save six figures in interest.

Nancy with Navasota Realty (The owner) is the person we use for all of our properties (we flip from time to time). Most knowledgeable person I have ever met in the industry. She can look at a property in 10 minutes and put a price on any and every improvement made on the property to see if they are asking to much on the "raw" land. Also, they work weekends unlike most country realtors.
        Last edited by Ætheling; 11-29-2021, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Call DBL reality in Madisonville and see what they have

Comment

You may have already found the site, but www.TXLS.com is pretty good. LandsOfTexas.com is also good, but I have found unique listings on TXLS. Their map search works well and has good filters.

Comment

This will be a cash purchase. My dad sold his business and is looking for a place.

Comment

100 acres just north of Flatonia tx just hit the market. Has two good tanks but house. PM me and I can give you more info.

Comment

Good luck. Everyone and their friends are looking for land now. Escaping the city

Comment

What is the budget? Try looking in Tyler county, Nacogdoches, San Augustine or Sabine. Still in that 2-3 hour drive and away from the hustle and bustle. It's still piney woods too

Comment

Har.com is a good site. I used it to find my property. I saved a few searches and whenever new listing that met my criteria came to the market I would get emails.
                      In this market you have to be patient and keep an eye on those listings.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

PMs sent

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                          Good luck. Everyone and their friends are looking for land now. Escaping the city

Truth.
                          We lived 6 miles down a dirt county road on the Walker Grimes county line near Bedias. Hardly ever saw people. Now it’s busy and big ranches split into ranchettes. The Aussie who bought our old place bought the 80 acres next door and renovated my old cedar cabin and the main house into rentals, dug a lake where I used to graze cattle and deer hunt, and added tiny homes for further rentals. The country is filling up.

OP, I hope you find the place of your dreams. It’s out there, but getting difficult to secure nowadays

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You will appreciate the two hours much better than the three of you can swing it. Nothing wrong with a dirt road but the dirt road. If you can get off of a FM road it should be quieter than a main highway. Good luck.

Comment

Following!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X