Biggest I've ever passed. (Score)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
    Not old enough to be going downhill. If he makes it he could end up being a main frame 12 with some extras. Pour the free choice protein to him and see if it helps. Food plot might keep him at home. Hocks are not black yet so he may not be the resident dominate buck. Hope he doesn't get pushed out and become a traveler.
    This is the plan. I'm going to give him a protein buffet this year. Heavy, heavy protein. He's been the most regular and consistent deer I've been following the last few years. Hope he stays home for one more year. I've passed him a lot of times.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      Spread is so overrated....High and tight is bad *** as long as the beams are there. He's dang sure got some ups!

I'd have shot him all day long.. Is this West Texas by me?
      Yes sir! Next door, hope you don't see him.

Comment

Awesome deer. No way i would have passed on him no matter what he scores!

I determine what a deer scores by how much he makes my heart rate climb when he walks in to the feeder!

FYI, I scored a deer years ago that went 145" net with an 11" inside spread!

Comment

I think you made the right choice for YOU. If a deer doesnt make you immediately grab your weapon upon stepping out, he isnt the right one for YOU. I cant stand it when someone says YOU should have shot him. Best of luck that he rolls through the season and gets on the protein. BTW, if you havent been feeding protein to him, I would start now. It will keep him in the best shape possible body/health wise going through the winter. The better shape they are in when they drop their antlers the better set they grow the following season.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunterhelm View Post
            Yes sir! Next door, hope you don't see him.

Wonder how much corn I would need to run a road feeder from your gate to mine?...

Comment

Mid 140s i think he 6.5

Comment

“History the pass few yrs “. If he had reached close to potential after your history with him, another yr might nit mean a lot.
                Except may he breeds another doe or two

Comment

It depends upon what you are used to seeing I guess. Most of us would have taken that shot, but there are some on here that are like "meh, maybe next time."

That's the thing about hunting. It is a split second decision at a specific moment in time and the decision is all yours.

Comment

No idea on score but I think he has room to grow. Middle aged IMO. Maybe 5…just seems like his body isn’t there.

Or

He is mature and run down.

Either way, good luck with him.

Comment

I've seen more than one deer blow up at 7-8.

Comment

I’ll guess 152 Bob

Comment

Great looking buck he starts off strong but doesn't have much out front. He still has years to grow if he doesn't get shot. Feed the heck out of them and try and get on him next season if he shows.
                          Last edited by Tomkat70; 11-22-2021, 10:37 AM. Reason: Adding to statement

Comment

He's mid 140's, great deer hope the pass works out for you in the long run.

Comment

Missed the extra on the left. I can’t get him over 80 down and have him around 60 up for 140.

Comment

As said above- around 145.

Comment

Working...
                                X