Red dot or Holo suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red dot or Holo suggestions

Looking for suggestions for a compact Red dot or Holographic sight for my 10/22 takedown. Shots will be <65 yards mainly for raccoons at night. I do not want to put a scope on it to keep it compact. Not really a price range yet just want suggestions. Thanks in advance

For the money the Holosun is tough to beat.

Comment

The Sig Romeo 5 Red dots are pretty dang good for the money. I've beat the crap out of one and have been really impressed for the $100 I paid for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Raider4044 View Post
        The Sig Romeo 5 Red dots are pretty dang good for the money. I've beat the crap out of one and have been really impressed for the $100 I paid for it.
        I used to buy very cheap red dots and get frustrated by the fact that it won’t hold zero after some use. High end red dots like Aimpoint is a bit overkill for non-military applications like plinking and target shooting. Luckily I’ve heard that the Sig Sauer Romeo 5 is a reliable red dot at reasonable price.

in case you don't want to follow the link ...

Why did I mention Holosun when this is a Sig Romeo 5 review? That’s because the Sig Romeo 5 is manufactured from a Chinese Holosun factory with a Sig Sauer logo labeled on it.

A friend of mine who work closely with Chinese manufacturers revealed to me that most lower-priced red dot sights today are made by a couple of manufacturers group in China. This Sig Romeo 5 is basically a twin brother to the more expensive Holosun HS403GL.

Comment

I would say for the size and price, the Romeo as suggested would be the most compact.

I personally like my vortex red dots.

Comment

Primary arms has a good one with great battery life I’ve also got a sig Romeo that has been pretty good on a 44 mag.

If money is a issue look at the bushnell I have one on a 30-30 pistol that holds 1.5” groups at 100 yards.

Comment

I have several of these that I use on .41 mag pistols, .308 rifle and AR 5.56 and 6.8 SPC. Been using them for years. Great little reflex holo sight that takes a licking and never had one fail. 2 moa red dot will hold 2" groups at 100 yds from either of the 3 rifles I have used them on. Same with the .41mag pig pistol out to 50 yds. I would say the .41 mag pistols have the most severe recoil and these little sights never fail. Unless you leave them turned on and the battery dies. they do need a pic rail to mount to. https://www.amazon.com/Browning-1290.../dp/B0038OW1W0

Comment

another romeo 5 vote. Have one that gets drug all over and holds zero.

Recently bought a primary arms and rmr but havent zeroed either

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                  another romeo 5 vote.
                  Another vote for romeo 5. They are hard to beat especially if you find a good sale on them.

Comment

For me there are two, Romeo 5, or Aimpoint H-2.

To me, Sig Romeo is akin to Nikon scopes, you get a little better of a product because they don’t make their living from red dots so they are willing to have a better product at the price point.

Comment

so it's settled then since the Sig romeo is made by holosun , we have a clear winner!

Comment

The Holosuns are good

Comment

Another vote for Holosun

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X