Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is a timney trigger worth the time a new expense?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is a timney trigger worth the time a new expense?

I bought a Remington 788 .308 and the trigger seems inconsistent.
    Is it worth it to replace? Is it a gunsmith job or a DIY project ?

Definitely worth it! DIY job

Comment

First thing I'd do is Google do it yourself. A gentle polish job probably do wonders.

Comment

Piece of cake! I love mine and super easy to adjust.

Comment

10000%. I bought a cheap Remington 700 for my kids to deer hunt with. Put a timney (I think 110) and man it's a friggin shooter now.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

bought a bergara 22lr trainer a couple of weeks ago , added a timney HIT yesterday ... watches a video , punched 2 pins ... and i now have an 8 ounce glass trigger ... if you're the kind of guy that can shoot sub moa with a rifle , it's a no brainer.. do it ... if you are like some and are happy with 3 to 6" group at 100 to kill deer (deer has ~6" kill zone) ... won't make a difference ...

gun will kill deer either way ... it just help in being more precise , but lighter trigger require better technique and marksmanship to avoid accidents. i have no idea where you fall , so it's up to you to decide ... good luck with your project.

Comment

Both my 788s are great shooting rifles, but the triggers do suck.
              Replacing the triggers are on my long list of things to do when I get the time.

Comment

It is worth it. And yes DIY.
                I like my Timney but also checkout Triggertech, bought one on sale over Labor Day weekend and it seems to be comparable.

Comment

Worth it for sure. DIY is a breeze. If you are worried take it to a Gun Smith.

Comment

Cheap, easy to do and probably one of the best things to do for your firearm/accuracy.

Comment

I did my first recently with no experience. Extremely easy and will make any rifle way more accurate.

Comment

Back in the day there was a set of instructions on modifying a 788 factory trigger with a specific spring from a specific ball point pen. I polished mine and followed those instructions, and my 788 trigger is about 2.5 lbs. Only down side, if it gets gunky with oil, it wants to act up. Has only happened a few times in 15 years though.

Comment

Def worth it and easy to do yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by CastAndBlast View Post
                            Definitely worth it! DIY job

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
                              bought a bergara 22lr trainer a couple of weeks ago , added a timney HIT yesterday ... watches a video , punched 2 pins ... and i now have an 8 ounce glass trigger ... if you're the kind of guy that can shoot sub moa with a rifle , it's a no brainer.. do it ... if you are like some and are happy with 3 to 6" group at 100 to kill deer (deer has ~6" kill zone) ... won't make a difference ...

gun will kill deer either way ... it just help in being more precise , but lighter trigger require better technique and marksmanship to avoid accidents. i have no idea where you fall , so it's up to you to decide ... good luck with your project.
                              I’m a sub MOA fan , so a better trigger for the 788 is coming
                              I bought a savage axis and terrible trigger and flimsy stock had it up for sale quickly .

Comment

Working...
                              X