No announcement yet.

Back-up Bows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have 2 hoyt carbon matrix set up identical They are older bows but they get the job done.Having a back up has saved me in Wyoming and Mexico. I'm getting ready to retire them and go to my xbow now.and yes I have a back up for it too.��
    Last edited by tminc; 10-25-2021, 12:29 PM. Reason: Emoji

Comment

When I hunted out of state or hunted five or six hours from home I always kept a back up bow. After I quit hunting out of state I did not.

Comment

The last one I bought I kept the one I had before it as a backup.

Comment

I've always kept a backup bow. Like you, I've only needed it once. That said, my primary bow failed on me years ago about two hours of heading out on a 8 day CO elk hunt. I would have been in a bad spot if I hadn't had the backup.

Comment

I try to not accumulate a bunch of hunting stuff. If I'm not using it I sell it. That goes for everything including additional bows.

Comment

I have backup bows for both my trad and compound bows. I have several Trad bows that I can swap back and forth with little to no differences. I have 2 identical Elite Pure compounds. Anytime I go on a “big” hunt, 2 bows go with me.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Lots of good info here. Thanks!

Originally posted by Ruttin&Struttin View Post
                I've always kept a backup bow. Like you, I've only needed it once. That said, my primary bow failed on me years ago about two hours of heading out on a 8 day CO elk hunt. I would have been in a bad spot if I hadn't had the backup.
                This is the main reason I'm contemplating a back up. The whole reason I'm looking into a new bow is for my backcountry hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
                  Curious who all has a backup bow? I am eyeballing upgrading bows next year from my Creed. Initial thought was to sell the Creed to help fund the next bow, but I have seen it mentioned several times here of folks having a back up. Seems like a good concept, but in my 20 years of bowhunting only once did I have a situation where I could have utilized a back up bow. Then again, the back up bow helps quell the sad thoughts of selling the Creed. I have killed a pile of animals with that thing
                  I used a Creed for years and this year, finally got a V3, but I am keeping the creed for back up. Last year I rolled my string off the cam, when it tangled in a cedar limb, during draw and I had to go home. No more bow until I went to CCR.. Won't do that again.. keep a back up.

Comment

PSE Xpedite is my primary bow and have my old PSE Brute as my backup. Both of which will be backups once my carbon levitate comes in...

Comment

Since I upgraded my case to a double SKB, I carry 2 bows every trip. Adds a whopping 4 pounds to an already heavy *** case and gives me piece of mind.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

I keep 2 bows. I had a limb split the day before season opened a few years ago..I would have missed most of the season or bought another bow because it took 4 weeks for the parts to come in. Some of it has to do with the fact if you keep a bow for few years it's not worth much on the resale market so I'll just hang on to them.

Comment

the alternate bow is used for really cold weather when I have too many clothes on to draw heavy. so the alternate is set up about 15lbs less pull. in cold weather it helps alot.

Comment

My primary bow is a 2019 Mathews Traverse. Backup bow is a 2015 Hoyt Nitrum Turbo. Both are setup very similar.

Comment

I have enough backup bows that I could provide all my hunting buddy's with a backup bow if needed. I may need to hit some sort of meeting or something.

Comment

Originally posted by CRM_95 View Post
                                I have enough backup bows that I could provide all my hunting buddy's with a backup bow if needed. I may need to hit some sort of meeting or something.
                                I was in the same boat,but it seemed some one always was needing one.I think I finally got rid of my early 90s Bear Whitetail2,I still have a mid 90s PSE Nova as a backup.But it seems some one else needed the backup.

Comment

Working...
                                X