Banner day yesterday!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Banner day yesterday!

I started my opening weekend at the farm with high hopes. I had some good deer on camera and was feeding protein and corn generously. I brought my wife and both kids for this trip.

Opening morning I saw a few deer but nothing worth shooting. That evening I sat in a new stand. Like always I practiced drawing and then let down slowly. To my surprise, my string managed to slip off the cam. Great. I was now without a bow. I didn’t hunt Saturday evening or Sunday morning.

I went to a great bow shop in Lawton,OK Sunday afternoon and they got me back in business. Sunday evening hunt was met with warm temps and small bucks.

Then Monday happened! Luck has turned around. I was able to connect with a pretty, slick, tall tined 8 point that was on the hit list. I got him broken down and on ice. It felt good to get a bow kill after not shooting one last year.

For the evening I decided to sit in the Krivoman blind and just enjoy the 91 deg temps! You never know what might show up. My county is a 2 buck no restriction limit, so I still had another buck tag. Deer slowly started trickling in around 6:30. Small bucks and a few does. About 15 minutes before last shooting light, a pretty 9 pt with a kicker off his G2 came in. From trail cam I know this deer usually runs with a big bodied, heavy 10 point. So, I just wait to see if he shows. From the corner of the window I see him. HUGE bodied deer! It’s him. I know I’m about to tag out! I draw and settle my pin. Let her fly and hear the unmistakable sound of lungs getting popped. He ran hard for 40 yards and I watched him fall!

What a trip! I can’t tell you how fortunate I’ve been to have my family’s farm to come hunt all these years. My Aunt and Uncle have been so good to me and my family. Truly, the salt of the earth kind of folks.

Enough writing. Here’s some pics.

8 pt- 127”
    10 pt- 148 2/8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats!

Comment

Great deer! Love that Character!

Comment

Bam.......that's really awesome!!!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome! Can't beat that! Where are you hunting? We went out to Medicine Park this spring and explored for a few days. Pretty area for sure! There are public land Elk draws out there in the Wichita mountains right?

Comment

Very nice! Congrats!

Comment

Looks like everyone is having a good time. Congratulations on stacking them up!

Comment

Heck of a weekend brother. Congrats on two really good deer !!!

Comment

Pretty good little monday for you

Comment

Congrats

Comment

My first buck smaller than that right g2 on the 8! Wow!

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Cool. Congrats.

Comment

I would say you had a whole season in a weekend. LOL Congrats.

Comment

You did good !

Comment

Working...
                              X