No announcement yet.

Celebrate the life of John "Tuthdoc" Lee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The memory that sticks out so well, for me, is from The Lewis. John had hunted the Bird Cage that morning...it later became the Bear Cage that afternoon when I hunted and filmed the bear walk by.

The expression on his face when he realized where I filmed it, was simply priceless. May just be the one time I didn't see him with a smile. He couldn't get a smile out through that shocked look he had....and he was sure hoping bear didn't like to eat dentists. Lots of laughs came from that weekend. I am very thankful for the opportunity to have been on the same hunt with him.

Going to miss his sense of humor and the kidding about me and the "bare" .

Comment

Great story Matt.

His knowledge was always the thing I enjoyed much, well that and he loved mechanicals!

Always sad to see something so great, gone from this world. I'm sure he's watching over us as we speak!

Comment

THE LEE BOYS!!..Before i go forward with this story, i think it needs to be clarified, and let it be known that John , Mark and Bobby were no slouches when it came to shooting or just plain hunting savvy.

Mark earlier mentioned how much they learned from John. Several years ago John, Mark, Bobby and I were hunting a small section of land outside of Crosby Texas. They had a young man as a guest (For the life of me i cannot remember his name). Heck, it might have been Matt???. At sunset and end of day hunt we all met at the usual spot. The young guest had shot at a deer and had the arrow to show us. When the young man started to explain the event and started to show the arrow, John started to walk toward it to get a closer look. Bobby was right next to him so he took the arrow, and after a quick look, and without any hesitation proceeded to explain to the young guest where the arrow had hit the deer(gut shot, with some lung perforated), and approx how far the deer might have traveled. After a good while of tracking in the dark we found the deer, approx the distance that Bobby had said it might have traveled, and shot thru the gut at a quartering angle perforating one lung. (This is not a made up story..I was there)

When we got back to the vehicles i mentioned to John about Bobby calling it right on the button. He simply just flashed his trademark grin, as if saying, YEP!..taught the boy well...HUH!

Yes sir........you did.

Comment

Never met him but always emjoyed his storys. He had a way of building you up and capturing the moment. He really put alot of thought and planning into his hunting. You could sense his passion for bowhunting as you read. Also I loved how he never jumped on a bandwagon..just said like he felt it.

God bless you Tuthdoc!! Hope your up there watching on the opener this year..I'm gonna stick one in your honer.
          -WacM

Comment

Below are some stories that John posted on TBH back in 2004, after reading them I printed them and have saved them to reread over and over....

[ATTACH]97865[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]97866[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]97867[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]97868[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]97869[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]97870[/ATTACH]

Comment

I, like many here, augued back and forth with John about the brand of ground blinds. There was no changing his mind(mind either as far as that goes). We both knew that....but we mouthed back abd forth, all in fun of course. I posted this in another thread. I was going to tell Doc, "Here is a blind just as good as a Double Bull".....Never got a chance to pull that on him. John, I'm going to miss you, Bud. Rest in Peace.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0123.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	123.0 KB
ID:	23886109

Comment

Matt, sorry for your loss, my prayers are with you and your family.

Though I never met him I always enjoyed his post and the way he explained things, even a young'n could understand it. I will miss his jokes and the way he that he always treated you with kindness and respect.

God speed Mr. "Tuthdoc" Lee

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Mary View Post
                    The memory that sticks out so well, for me, is from The Lewis. John had hunted the Bird Cage that morning...it later became the Bear Cage that afternoon when I hunted and filmed the bear walk by.

The expression on his face when he realized where I filmed it, was simply priceless. May just be the one time I didn't see him with a smile. He couldn't get a smile out through that shocked look he had....and he was sure hoping bear didn't like to eat dentists. Lots of laughs came from that weekend. I am very thankful for the opportunity to have been on the same hunt with him.

Going to miss his sense of humor and the kidding about me and the "bare" .
                    We captured that moment on film, Mary.

Name:	lewis 7-4-7 121.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	23886119
                    Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
                    l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
                    ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

Originally posted by Joey~AP View Post
                      We captured that moment on film, Mary.

[ATTACH]97881[/ATTACH]
                      And what a moment it was.

Comment

That same hunt that Doc was up at the Lewis with us....his front wheel bearing went out on his truck.

Ill equiped with the proper tools....we all jumped in and got Doc back on the road. I think he thought we were nuts....or previous employees of Dale Earnhardt. Either way....John stayed right there with us until we got his trucks off the jack.

Gonna miss him!

Name:	lewis 7-4-7 090.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	23886120

Name:	lewis 7-4-7 091.jpg
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	23886121

Name:	lewis 7-4-7 092.jpg
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	23886122

Name:	lewis 7-4-7 094.jpg
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	23886123

Name:	lewis 7-4-7 097.jpg
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	23886124
                        Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
                        l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
                        ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

I did not know Doc Lee but I think that his legacy will be in how many lives he has touched and the genuine heartfelt response from all the TBH members many of which "knew " him only through the green screen. His legend will only continue to grow...

I have an idea..on sports teams they wear a black stripe or other patch when one of their teammates has fallen. What if we had a sticker or patch that could be placed on our bows this upcoming season to remind us of TuthDoc while we are out in the field or at the range and use the proceeds from the sale of those toward a memorial or donation in his name, so his name and legacy will live on

Comment

Originally posted by Bonbonjovi View Post
                            I did not know Doc Lee but I think that his legacy will be in how many lives he has touched and the genuine heartfelt response from all the TBH members many of which "knew " him only through the green screen. His legend will only continue to grow...

I have an idea..on sports teams they wear a black stripe or other patch when one of their teammates has fallen. What if we had a sticker or patch that could be placed on our bows this upcoming season to remind us of TuthDoc while we are out in the field or at the range and use the proceeds from the sale of those toward a memorial or donation in his name, so his name and legacy will live on
                            Thats a good idea. I know the running joke between me and him on the site and over pm was my rifle hunting and lack of interest in getting it done with a bow. Getting one this next season with my bow for Doc just took on a whole new meaning to me.

Joey that was a great trip. Glad someone has it on film.

Comment

Great jesture, Bon

Team Gordita, of which Doc was a member, is putting something together as well.

Comment

His stories about the San Angelo lease will always be etched in my mind. I live here and hunted this area for 26 years now and when John talked of the SA lease I was reminded of how small this world is....I was hunting only a few miles across the river from John. I always felt in a strange way we were hunting the same deer heard being so close to each other.......I'll miss his stories and insight on the success he had with the many tactics he approached hunting with! I've adopted some of his strategies and will continue these because they work.......all of John's ideas work real good! I regret never getting to meet John and our relationship over the internet didn't start too good......but John was an awesome person and we patched up our differences and moved on. We talked through PM's and E-mails often and he always had encouraging and thoughtful advise. It saddens me that Tuthdoc had so much trouble with poaching on his SA lease knowing all the effort he put into making that place what it is. Although I never got to meet John he will always influence something in my hunting.
                                Rest in Peace John!

Comment

Working...
                                X