Planted a couple of trees and the deer think it's a trick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Planted a couple of trees and the deer think it's a trick

This afternoon I planted a couple of oak trees in the normal path the deer take. You would have thought we installed a block wall across the yard. We've been sitting on the porch this evening laughing our butts off watching them walk up and turn right around.

It's funny how two little trees completely disrupts their world.

They are masters at recognizing anything out of place. I mess with them at my house all the time. It’s pretty funny. I place different objects by the feeder and see what they do. The other day they thought a volleyball was gonna kill them for sure. Give them 24 hours and the new trees won’t bother them at all.

Comment

You’d be wary of new things if they had a 75% chance of ripping your face off lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Haha...now that’s funny....dang i need to live somewhere that has deer in my yard....

Comment

Next thing you will post is about how the deer thrashed the bark off of your little trees you worked so hard to plant

Comment

That’s funny!!

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
              Next thing you will post is about how the deer thrashed the bark off of your little trees you worked so hard to plant

Reminder to sleeve the trees.

Comment

It would be like walking into your house after work & seeing a pink couch for the first time...

Comment

I cut some tree roots the other day and chucked them into the woods where I saw a handful of deer later that day jumping backwards and scared to go anywhere near them. I say this just to reiterate how sensitive they can be to change.

Comment

We put up a couple of new box blinds at the lease. At one, the deer come in straight necking and stomping. On the other, they never even looked at the blind. Both stands are similar in looks, but they just don’t like one of them. Go figure.

Comment

You should see how much they like fishing line across their path just above knee height

Comment

I need to get some fake snakes to put on their trail. LOL

Comment

In have a herd that I just about feed by hand at the house. I set up a pop-up the other day about 20 yards from the feeder (so I can pretend to hunt). They freaked out for a day. Now it’s part of the landscape.

It’s crazy that they don’t give two flips about what I do when I’m cooking outside or out on the back deck (30 yard away), as long as they see me and I’m moving. If I sit too still on the porch- one of old does will suddenly snap and snort. And everyone panics. Then they come right back.

Comment

Originally posted by Dushon View Post
                            You’d be wary of new things if they had a 75% chance of ripping your face off lol

Harumph!

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
                              Reminder to sleeve the trees.
                              Harumph again!

Comment

Working...
                              X