Saltwater Wade Fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RINCON View Post
    Not necessarily a time period number ...just an average number in general.

Was thinking 10k+...whether it is 3 times a year or 30 times a year.
    So I guess you are asking how many people will wade fish at least once a year along the gulf coast. It'll be at least 10,000 I would think and that's not counting the people swimming in the gulf and bays.

Comment

If it helps....if I was homeless Id survive wade fishing cause Id rather eat a hardhead or a mullet than leftovers from a trashcan

Comment

I wade fished the surf in Johnson's Bayou Louisiana last Friday as a matter of fact. Most my wade fishing consists of the surf, or when I make trips down to Port Mansfield to fish with my buddies.

Comment

Originally posted by be12hunt View Post
          I would say much greater than 10,000 at some point have wade fished the Texas coast.
          X2

I'd say 10,000 is way too low for Texas. Heck, that number may be too low for just Galveston bay complex.

Comment

I'd bet there's 10K people wade fishing along the Texas coast on any given summer Saturday morning unless there's a hurricane.

Comment

Sometimes, if i don't wake up with the sniffles!!

Comment

So yea I do charters out of Dularge/Theriot, La. I just day trip in the boat. I figure I take my chances stalking them and casting 50 - 70 yards, plus no worries with bull sharks & black tips. They tend to get feisty!

Comment

I would guess at least several hundred thousand people wade fish in Texas every year...probably more.

Comment

In our area it is a whole lot less than use to wade. There are so many people now who are scared to get in the water.

Comment

In our area it is a whole lot less than use to wade. There are so many people now who are scared to get in the water.
                      It's really not that many just a few worry warts is all.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx_Wader View Post
                        It's really not that many just a few worry warts is all.
                        A LOT of worry warts.

In the local circles you and I run in everyone wades. Outside of our area a very large percentage of the folks coming down here now will not get out of the boat.

Comment

I wade more now than I used to. Social media is making everyone think they catch water cooties from the water

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                            I wade more now than I used to. Social media is making everyone think they catch water cooties from the water

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I just talked to a guy Wednesday that was asking how (but mostly where [emoji849]) we catch so many fish. I told him we wade and his response was “oh....... well you think we could catch any out of the boat?”. I laughed and said you can try [emoji16]

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                              I just talked to a guy Wednesday that was asking how (but mostly where [emoji849]) we catch so many fish. I told him we wade and his response was “oh....... well you think we could catch any out of the boat?”. I laughed and said you can try [emoji16]

Sierracharlie out…

I do it all the time. And catch more than most.

Comment

Originally posted by gander View Post
                                I wade fished the surf in Johnson's Bayou Louisiana last Friday as a matter of fact. Most my wade fishing consists of the surf, or when I make trips down to Port Mansfield to fish with my buddies.
                                Johnson’s bayou! One of my favorite memories (what I can remember anyways!) was visiting a buddy that had moved back there. Me and another buddy flew down from Canadian Tx, and spent a week in Johnson’s bayou with our friend, the summer after we graduated high school... man that was a fun week

Comment

Working...
                                X