No announcement yet.

Benbrook Lake 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey y’all! I got drawn for the first time at benbrook to hunt the last week in the regular season, not ideal but it doesn’t sound like there has been much action this year. I’m interested in hunting the 377 side, where’s the parking lot for that area?

I’m also a big duck hunter. Has anyone has had any luck with the quackers our there?

Comment

Hello everyone I’ll be hinting up there in two weeks. Anyone know if it’s still flooded out there.

Comment

No, at just three feet over the conservation level, it's not flooded. It's wet (low spots, drainages, seeps) just about everywhere you go though. Rubber boots will be your best friends. Good luck.
        Last edited by sandbill; 01-06-2019, 08:10 AM.

Comment

Thanks I’m hoping to get something out there

Comment

Has any one had any luck with deer this season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RFlores817 View Post
              Has any one had any luck with deer this season

I’ve shot two doe. Had some big boys on cameras but no opportunities. The end. Meat in freezer. Mature slick heads.

Comment

Originally posted by ghost View Post
                I’ve shot two doe. Had some big boys on cameras but no opportunities. The end. Meat in freezer. Mature slick heads.

Congrats, good season!

Comment

Spring Turkey draw results have been posted! (I called and asked) Permits will be mailed tomorrow.
                  Last edited by Whiskey Hunter; 03-04-2019, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Anyone even seen any Turkeys at Benbrook? I didn't see any or catch any on camera during deer season.

Comment

There are turkeys at Benbrook. But most are on lands that no-longer are allowed for hunting now. Last one I saw on hunting lands was in 2003. It was a hen. And I don't think Tarrant County had a hen season back then. They were off limits for a long time out there by ACE due to the low population. And Tarrant county didn't have a season at all for many many years. Good luck on your hunt. Didn't know Benbrook was allowing a turkey season this year. I did not put in for the Benbrook hunting season this year. This lake was however, the first Texas public lands I ever hunted back in the early 1980s.

Comment

I've spent quite a bit of time out there. Haven't seen turkey in the hunting zones in ages. Have on occasion seen some in North Holiday Park. Not sure why they aren't more widely dispersed. Seems like the 377 side near the river would be decent roosting grounds. Crank up the calls full volume, and maybe they can be pulled in closer.
                        Last edited by sandbill; 03-05-2019, 06:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X