No announcement yet.

2018/19 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Etxbuckman;13839383]That sow in the center is preggers for sure. You get her and you'll take out generations to come with one shot.

The pig that got my attention is the younger brown one facing away. For that young of a pig to be that filled out it has been eating very well.

Comment

Sundays gonna be down-right chilly too.

Comment

I'm heading out Saturday morning to check a well travelled trail I found a few weeks ago and hunted two afternoons with no luck. I'm hoping it will be better in the morning as a travel route, it's going to be cold but it could be a good morning. Just gotta get there early.

Comment

How'd everybody else do this weekend? I didn't see anything, even squirrels were hiding.

Comment

The weekend ain’t over!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Skipped the weekend seeing I don’t have a boat and I am too fat for my waders....

Comment

Saw 3 does this morning. Had to wade into my area. Deer were wading too

Comment

This was my third consecutive weekend not to hunt. Thankfully it’s also my last.

I’m going duck hunting Wednesday then I’ll be hitting it hard till the end of January.

Comment

I checked my cameras Friday all nocturnal except for does and I of course can’t shoot any does so..

Comment

...well the old Trinity is on the rise AGAIN!! Good thing I got the new place in South Texas, though my #1 set up there has been under water since September, and we got rain again this weekend!! Oh well... Maybe next year in East Texas will be my year...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                        ...well the old Trinity is on the rise AGAIN!! Good thing I got the new place in South Texas, though my #1 set up there has been under water since September, and we got rain again this weekend!! Oh well... Maybe next year in East Texas will be my year...

Sounds like it’s time to pick up the crappie pole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by TalonErickson7 View Post
                          I checked my cameras Friday all nocturnal except for does and I of course can’t shoot any does so..

Had a buck eatin like crazy this morning on one of mine.

They have actually been real steady last couple days. alot of the land around me floods like crazy though, so it may very well have been the only food they could find! lol

Comment

Hardin/Tyler County:

Most water I've seen on our place since Harvey. It dumped pretty good on Friday/Saturday. Checked the cams and out of 5 different cameras in 5 different locations, I only had 2 daytime feedings in the past week.

Saw some small bucks start trickling out at night though. We really need to eliminate about 4-5 spikes that are 2.5-4.5 yo.

Comment

Cherokee county:
                              Seen a small 6 point and took some pork home, still waiting on target buck. New here, learned alot from u guys already.

Comment

Target buck, not bad for a free range Cherokee county buck

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X