Financial advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
    This isn't a good rate on a CD. Ally Bank is currently paying 2.65% on a 12 month CD. Heck they will pay you 2.00% right now on a plain old savings account.

No way I'd lock in money for 3 years at 2.65%, especially in the rising rate environment we are in.

https://www.ally.com/bank/high-yield-cd/
    This - If you go the CD route I would go shorter term so you can take advantage of potential higher rate of return in years 2 and 3 if the rates continue to rise.

Comment

Originally posted by nothinbutwelves View Post
      I need help with a good growth vehicle for some money. I checked on a 3 year CD and the interest rate was 2.65%. what other choices do i have
      1. I wouldn't take financial advice on a hunting forum.
      2. I would seek out someone that has made it and ask them. "Made it" can mean highly qualified professional or someone that made money themselves.

I wouldn't ask marriage advice from someone with 6 marriages unless I wanted to know what NOT to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
        Disagree. I seen 5-6 doctors this year. Only 2 got it right. Some financial advisers could be selling you something they benefit from more than you. Asking 30K people on the net you can spot a trend that could lead you to a better answer.

All about perspective.
        My point is, the OP still hasn't provided, unless I missed it, ANY background that would enable even the most trusted, competent professional the ability to offer advice. Just saying, hey I've got some money I'd like to grow isn't worthy of any specific advice. All of a sudden you've got guys saying to go buy rent houses to buy bonds, to open up a brokerage account and start buying individual stocks with zero information regarding this person's specific situation. As far as financial advisors who could be selling the OP something, you're right, you have to make the right decision on who to listen to. That's why I suggested he find a trusted advisor, not some salesman who's just looking to make a buck.

Comment

Originally posted by rockyraider View Post
          My point is, the OP still hasn't provided, unless I missed it, ANY background that would enable even the most trusted, competent professional the ability to offer advice. Just saying, hey I've got some money I'd like to grow isn't worthy of any specific advice. All of a sudden you've got guys saying to go buy rent houses to buy bonds, to open up a brokerage account and start buying individual stocks with zero information regarding this person's specific situation. As far as financial advisors who could be selling the OP something, you're right, you have to make the right decision on who to listen to. That's why I suggested he find a trusted advisor, not some salesman who's just looking to make a buck.
          All of this.

Comment

Let me have it. I’ll make sure it grows.

Comment

If you’re serious.....Shoot me a pm. I’m in that line of work.

Comment

Originally posted by bearintex View Post
                Bitcoin is low right now....
                ^^^^^ This

Comment

Thank you all very much. My 36 month cd was through Amoco, i recieved a few really good Pms i will try the investment advisor first before locking down a rate. Real estate is not for me i work full time and away some,

Comment

Working...
                  X