No announcement yet.

Brisco ranch concan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Might not be all on the lease manager. Chip Briscoe has laid down some new rules. At least he has on the Catarina and Cochinas. One of the new rules is no AR15 platforms.

Comment

This place me is called Mason ranch

Comment

Same ranch?

Comment

I leased a pasture on the Mason ranch back in the 80s, 1702 acs. It was a rocky mostly cedar covered place. Small deer and not alot of them, few turkey & javelina. Might be better now days ?

Comment

Just depends on where and what pasture your in. The Briscoe ranches are the second larges in Texas. Some where around 555,000 ac. I have hunted the Catarina and Cochinas and have seen some great deer. It has really changed a LOT over the last 10+ years when the gas drilling started. I know when we are at the Catarina it takes 45 min. driving to get to the far south pasture. John (I can't remember his last name) runs all the hunting operations for the Briscoe's. Muzzlebreak is right Chip Briscoe has put in a lot of new rules.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowshark View Post
              Just depends on where and what pasture your in. The Briscoe ranches are the second larges in Texas. Some where around 555,000 ac. I have hunted the Catarina and Cochinas and have seen some great deer. It has really changed a LOT over the last 10+ years when the gas drilling started. I know when we are at the Catarina it takes 45 min. driving to get to the far south pasture. John (I can't remember his last name) runs all the hunting operations for the Briscoe's. Muzzlebreak is right Chip Briscoe has put in a lot of new rules.
              john c Austin?

Comment

Originally posted by waterdog View Post
                john c Austin?
                Yes

Comment

Seems to have openings on a regular basis, speak with recent former members. If he will not provide contact info, walk away.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowshark View Post
                    John does not run ALL the hunting operations. He has alot of it down south.

Comment

Originally posted by mastercraftka View Post
                      John does not run ALL the hunting operations. He has alot of it down south.
                      Yeah I believe he’s an outfitter and sells hunts, or he use to, and I believe he leases spots out now too

Comment

Originally posted by 160class View Post
                        Yeah I believe he’s an outfitter and sells hunts, or he use to, and I believe he leases spots out now too
                        This is true he is a outfitter and he does sub lease to others my buddy used to be on the cochina before the oil boom.

Comment

This is true he is a outfitter and he does sub lease to others my buddy used to be on the cochina before the oil boom.
                          Everyone keeps bringing that up, but it really hasn’t affected us. It just gives a bunch of roads to get all over the ranch even when it’s wet

Comment

Everyone keeps bringing that up, but it really hasn’t affected us. It just gives a bunch of roads to get all over the ranch even when it’s wet
                            Ya he got off after the first year they really started over there, I hunted it before and after and while it might be settling down now it wasn't that way a few years back. they literally build a pond two football fields in size 50 yds from one of our tower blinds and feeder. We didn't see any deer there anymore. The worst part back then was the traffic it was like a highway no joke.

Anyway I am sure now that all the holes have been punched the traffic has subsided.

Comment

Ya he got off after the first year they really started over there, I hunted it before and after and while it might be settling down now it wasn't that way a few years back. they literally build a pond two football fields in size 50 yds from one of our tower blinds and feeder. We didn't see any deer there anymore. The worst part back then was the traffic it was like a highway no joke.

Anyway I am sure now that all the holes have been punched the traffic has subsided.
                              Yeah that would happen to us too, we would just shut that stand down for the year or move it a little and everything would go back to normal. And the highway part is no joke, it was constant but our deer got use to it and they were usually pretty good about getting out of our pastures during deer season or st least a certain time. Traffic isn’t bad at all this year, during the off-season they were but not so much now

Comment

Yeah that would happen to us too, we would just shut that stand down for the year or move it a little and everything would go back to normal. And the highway part is no joke, it was constant but our deer got use to it and they were usually pretty good about getting out of our pastures during deer season or st least a certain time. Traffic isn’t bad at all this year, during the off-season they were but not so much now
                                Oh man when it was all starting up over there it was all day everday they didn't care about the hunting.

Are you on the cochina?

Comment

Working...
                                X