X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
    My understanding was it was still lodged in the barrel

How is this possible?
    .270 Win chamber is larger than the.308 Win chamber but is has the same bolt face and case diameter. The bolt grabbed the round and allowed the firing pin to strike the primer. The round went off and the bullet was forced down the barrel. .308 is not that much larger than .270 so it would shave the copper off the outside of the projectile but not stop it from going down the barrel. Probably had a lot of copper shavings in the chamber.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

This needs to get back to the rifle and ammo manufacturer.

Comment

tag for results of analysis!

Comment

probably

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
          Looks to me like something of this sort might happen if there was already a round chambered and then another round was attempted to be chambered. The pointy thing on the end of the round might ding the primer of the chambered round and Ka-Boom. I think they may refer to this as operator error.
          Some good uns' but I like this one best

Comment

Biodynamic research San Antonio it won't be cheap to have them diagnose it they do research on equipment and stuff like that for lawsuits they that is the company the lawyers used for the Dale Earnhardt Sr death

Comment

I can not imagine pulling the trigger and this happening on a high power rifle! Glad he is OK
              Hopefully he can look at the fired case and see if it is the right cal. If he can get it out of the gun!

I think I would talk to a gunsmith and/or lawyer on this. I would want to know what happen for my piece of mind and to be sure it never happens again. If it is ammo related I would want them to replace gun at least.

Comment

63,000 psi is a lot. Now imagine if it was over powdered, or improperly head spaced.

Comment

Going to say it’s reloaded ammo that someone thought was factory. My a-bolt has had a lot of hot 7mag rounds and no issues.

Pistol powder or a double charge.
                  Last edited by texaspyro21; 12-03-2018, 06:46 PM.

Comment

had to look at pic again!

Comment

wow

Comment

A guy on my lease was telling me when he went to shoot his rifles before season this year one of his barrels was plugged with a dirt dauber nest. He was glad he looked down his barrel before hand.

Also seen this picture on Facebook yesterday.

Sent from my XT1687 using Tapatalk

Comment

Holy crap! Glad he was ok! I think a trip to the bathroom would have been in order.

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg15SCSC View Post
                            Holy crap! Glad he was ok! I think a trip to the bathroom would have been in order.
                            Not me. My bowels would've evacuated then and there. More likely would be some scissors and a trip to the burn barrel

Keep checking in to see if a cause has been determined.

Comment

I've seen It happen several times. Lots of different ways it can happen. I always check my barrel for carrots.
                              Attached Files

Comment

I wonder if Elmer was from Arkansas ?

Comment

Working...
                                X