No announcement yet.

Fox in a Tree...with my new lens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love this photo. It actually motivated me to pick up a new lens (Canon 300mm f/4 IS). We have a lot of fox on our place in Sonora and it's not uncommon to see a few during the day. They're very responsive to calling as well. I'm excited to get after them with the new lens.

Definitely a photo worthy of framing.

Comment

Originally posted by chongo View Post
      I love this photo. It actually motivated me to pick up a new lens (Canon 300mm f/4 IS). We have a lot of fox on our place in Sonora and it's not uncommon to see a few during the day. They're very responsive to calling as well. I'm excited to get after them with the new lens.

Definitely a photo worthy of framing.
      I have that lens. You'll love it. Great wildlife lens and would pair nicely with a 1.4x teleconverter for a 420mm f5.6.

I actually had my teleconverter on the Sigma for the shot above.

Here is one of my faves from my 300mm f4L IS.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5904_800.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	415.2 KB
ID:	24551846

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
        I have that lens. You'll love it. Great wildlife lens and would pair nicely with a 1.4x teleconverter for a 420mm f5.6.

I actually had my teleconverter on the Sigma for the shot above.

Here is one of my faves from my 300mm f4L IS.

[ATTACH]923465[/ATTACH]
        Nailed it!

That's one of the big reasons I went with it over the the 400mm. Reviews I've read said it's still extremely sharp with the 1.4x.

Comment

beautiful picture of a beautiful creature!

Comment

Man I got a lot of figuring out to do
            Still struggling to get good blur on back grounds

Comment

Very nice, intense share, makes you wonder is there was a meal nearby.

Comment

How high was he in the tree? I didn't know they could climb.
                Last edited by Jon B; 12-17-2018, 10:13 PM. Reason: Poor punctuation

Comment

What a snag

Comment

That's pretty cool picture. I only seen that once, was quite a bit of a shock. I was walking around in the brush behind the house. I walked past a large oak tree, then heard claws moving around up in the oak tree, figured it was a squirrel. I went around the other side to try and get a look at it. But just like a squirrel, it kept running to the opposite side of the tree. A few times I got a glimpse of a huge bushy tail. I thought that has to be a huge squirrel. I finally outsmarted it and got to see it. I was shocked to see a gray fox up in the tree, hanging on the side of the tree like a giant squirrel. It had been going around the tree trunk, always staying on the opposite side from me, probably 18 ft. off the ground. When I went around the tree the opposite way and looked up and saw the fox and it saw me, it ran down the tree towards me, then jumped off of the tree from about 12 ft. off the ground, went over my head, hit the ground about 15 ft. or so from the tree, never slowed down. I wished I had a video camera going when that happened, probably never see anything like that again. I have since read a bit about foxes climbing trees. I did not know anything about them climbing trees before.

Comment

Awesome pic.

Comment

Never saw a fox in a tree. Very cool pic

Comment

Very nice

Comment

That's a cool pic!

Comment

Originally posted by Jon B View Post
                              How high was he in the tree? I didn't know they could climb.
                              Maybe 15 feet. That tree has some lean to it, but he the fox still shot up it like a rocket. As I got closer, it ran back down and bolted away on the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                                Maybe 15 feet. That tree has some lean to it, but he the fox still shot up it like a rocket. As I got closer, it ran back down and bolted away on the ground.

Cool experience to witness. Even better to capture it. Still love this photo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X