2019/2020 east Texas hunting thread..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SETXHUNT0902 View Post
    That's why i am not feeding during the summer anymore. It seemed like just a few people on our entire lease and general area would feed all summer long and guess what that meant? That we had all the pigs!
    My bucks hit my pens daily! The middle pen I have never had a pig inside and I purposely put sweet feed out to attract the pigs there. My trap is set at that location 20 yds from the pen so now I can set it. Pigs really don't bother me. As soon as I go and fire away at this group they will disappear for 2-3 wks sometimes longer. The last group I shot 4 out of just last week. They have yet to return. This group hasn't learned there lesson.

Good practice, good eating, and relieves the itch to get out and hunt during off season.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
      My bucks hit my pens daily! The middle pen I have never had a pig inside and I purposely put sweet feed out to attract the pigs there. My trap is set at that location 20 yds from the pen so now I can set it. Pigs really don't bother me. As soon as I go and fire away at this group they will disappear for 2-3 wks sometimes longer. The last group I shot 4 out of just last week. They have yet to return. This group hasn't learned there lesson.

Good practice, good eating, and relieves the itch to get out and hunt during off season.
      Yeah by all means if youre gonna hunt them in the summer then i can see the added benefit. I fish and enjoy being out on the water to much this time of year lol. I've feed all year round for the last several years and it was mostly pigs all summer long with the occasional few deer passing through. My first few weeks of bow season was always just whacking hogs. After i would shoot a few and everyone else on the lease starts feeding my pigs dissapear and the deer show up in numbers. So this year i topped my feeders off in february and let them feed out around april and will start again in august. Just trying something new

Comment

All year feeding does keep the pigs around, but also the few deer that I have on my small piece of land. I really like to be able to hunt year round.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
          Little buck at the ranch likes me! Following me around like I'm his momma.

Filling feeders and he cam stumbling out of the tree line over to me.
          You’re gonna hate pulling the trigger on him in 4 - 5 years.

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
          I’m over run by hogs like not even funny how bad they are
          That’s why I opted to delay feeding this year. I started early last year and it just seemed to draw them in more.

Comment

I agree on feeding pigs during the off-season. I quit several years ago for that reason but decided to give it a try again this year just in the one spot I have a feeder pen.

Comment

Two good ones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Had to go fill and repair some feeders at “The Cottonmouth” today... he had to get dealt with

Tail was shaking like a rattler when I walked over to him, and he struck twice before his head came off.

But got the feeder funnel fixed the squirrel I’m guessing ate a hole in.... inside the everlast cage. Guaranteed hog if I can ever get free to go
                Attached Files

Comment

We’ve got a deer gents

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                    Had to go fill and repair some feeders at “The Cottonmouth” today... he had to get dealt with

Tail was shaking like a rattler when I walked over to him, and he struck twice before his head came off.

But got the feeder funnel fixed the squirrel I’m guessing ate a hole in.... inside the everlast cage. Guaranteed hog if I can ever get free to go
                    Appropriate name for your feeder sight! How many have you found at this location?

Comment

Originally posted by DesertDug View Post
                      Appropriate name for your feeder sight! How many have you found at this location?
                      I took on this “project property” last year, From scratch. It’s 1/2 low drainage land with slew like springs, myrtle and ponds with broken dam and beaver slews. While clearing new roads and man made deer trails through it last year, there were so many you couldn’t waste time killing them. I named the property “The Cottonmouth”. Snakes don’t bother me, but I reaaallllyyyy won’t track a hog past dusk on the property in spring and summer.

I found one right after season this year scouting a bedding area in last February. He has out, and I guess about to shed... and wasn’t in a good mood. He was probably the most aggressive one I’ve killed

So... lots!

Comment

Copy that

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                          I took on this “project property” last year, From scratch. It’s 1/2 low drainage land with slew like springs, myrtle and ponds with broken dam and beaver slews. While clearing new roads and man made deer trails through it last year, there were so many you couldn’t waste time killing them. I named the property “The Cottonmouth”. Snakes don’t bother me, but I reaaallllyyyy won’t track a hog past dusk on the property in spring and summer.

I found one right after season this year scouting a bedding area in last February. He has out, and I guess about to shed... and wasn’t in a good mood. He was probably the most aggressive one I’ve killed

So... lots!

Hard pass!!!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2403.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	17.0 KB
ID:	24582970Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2362.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	24582971

Comment

Whoops forgot to post mine... we’re getting started now [emoji1377]

Comment

Rut is in full swing!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X