Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 Panhandle Hunting Thread (6th Annual!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yotes yotes and more yotes

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

View at daylight from the draw i hunted that pours into the slat fork from north to south.

Comment

Originally posted by JBJTX81 View Post
        View at daylight from the draw i hunted that pours into the slat fork from north to south.

Great looking spot!

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
          Any snow anywhere?
          We got some in Hemphill Co. Not sure how much because the wind was blowing so hard that it was hard to tell what was accumulated and what had drifted. I would guess an inch or so on our place. But we had a drift at our gate that was at least 3 feet high.

I got stuck on the east-west portion of our ranch road which has been dug out over the years by graders and filled up with drifting snow. Fortunately, a good neighbor drove his tractor over and yanked me out (and cleared the drift at the gate).

Comment

Wow, beautiful spot.

Comment

Anyone else just seeing "potential"? My best pictures are 3.5 year olds (4 or so) and twice as many 2.5's and younger.

I know the 2011 - 2013 drought was rough and I know "potential" is way better than nothing, but it seems like I would occasionally see, or at least get night time pictures of, the progenitors of the 3.5's and younger. I'm beginning to think that after 3.5 years, a buck moves into an underground bunker and is taught to avoid cameras on those rare occasions they emerge.

Comment

Originally posted by Herron View Post
                Anyone else just seeing "potential"? My best pictures are 3.5 year olds (4 or so) and twice as many 2.5's and younger.

I know the 2011 - 2013 drought was rough and I know "potential" is way better than nothing, but it seems like I would occasionally see, or at least get night time pictures of, the progenitors of the 3.5's and younger. I'm beginning to think that after 3.5 years, a buck moves into an underground bunker and is taught to avoid cameras on those rare occasions they emerge.
                Too much rain and too much natural browse right now. They are incognito. Will show back up soon with all the recent freezes killing off vegetation. Drought didnt help things as far as #s 5-7 age class either. It's a double whammy with low #s and range conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by Herron View Post

Man same here.

Comment

Nice 9 pointer I got on Sunday the 11th at my family's place in Carson County. My biggest buck to date, and the biggest one I've seen in person on this farm. I've seen some bigger ones on camera, but never during the daytime.

Not a bow kill (deer aren't coming to my feeder for the last week or so). Shot at 185 yards with my .308.

I think I have this guy on camera late this summer, but not sure, as more than 1 deer I've seen has this crab claw on the right side.

Comment

Some pics from the last 2 weeks in Kent co. Here's the 6 yr old buck I took last weekend from wifes blind. 129" and change.

Great deer Justin! I saw Bryce had that old wide deer I hunted forever on camera, he looks like he’s prob 8 this year but has better horns than last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tbone3636 View Post
                        Great deer Justin! I saw Bryce had that old wide deer I hunted forever on camera, he looks like he’s prob 8 this year but has better horns than last year.

Yeah 8 or 9...already busted up too. I wished we could got him when he still looked like this

Comment

Yeah 8 or 9...already busted up too. I wished we could got him when he still looked like this

No kidding that deer haunts my dream lol...

Comment

Originally posted by mekholsters View Post
                            Nice 9 pointer I got on Sunday the 11th at my family's place in Carson County. My biggest buck to date, and the biggest one I've seen in person on this farm. I've seen some bigger ones on camera, but never during the daytime.

Not a bow kill (deer aren't coming to my feeder for the last week or so). Shot at 185 yards with my .308.

I think I have this guy on camera late this summer, but not sure, as more than 1 deer I've seen has this crab claw on the right side.

Heck of a buck coming out of Carson county. I see more and more WT on prairies in north central Carson which to me is odd given the lack of trees. Good job.

Comment

Originally posted by mekholsters View Post

Great buck, congratulations

I get to...

Comment

Originally posted by Hi-Lonesome View Post
                                Heck of a buck coming out of Carson county. I see more and more WT on prairies in north central Carson which to me is odd given the lack of trees. Good job.
                                Yeah, there's very little tree cover in the area, but a ton of corn and milo fields. Our particular property has a lot of deer that move through and they can hide so well in the little undulations in the land. Almost like mule deer out west. We're in South Eastern Carson County just north of Groom.

This guy was actually bedded down in a dry creek bed when I spotted him and I watched him through the scope for about 15 minutes before he finally stood up. It was a good thing for me, because it gave me time to calm down, check the yardage several times and made a good shot. He ran about 25 yards.

Comment

Working...
                                X