How much brush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much brush

Realistically how much STX brush can a Cat D4C dozer clear in about 4-5 hours? My brother is wanting to make a new sendero and with travel time the operator will only have around 4-5 hours to work in 1 day. He’s wanting it to be 100 yards long and about 10 yards wide. And if time is left on the clock maybe clean up some fence line as well.

1. 10 yards wide won’t stay wide very long.

2. Depends on size of the brush but I would thing he could knock out 20yds x 100yds in a couple hours if he is just shoving the brush back. If he is wanting brush piled or much dress up done he will run short on time.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
      1. 10 yards wide won’t stay wide very long.

2. Depends on size of the brush but I would thing he could knock out 20yds x 100yds in a couple hours if he is just shoving the brush back. If he is wanting brush piled or much dress up done he will run short on time.
      You’re absolutely right, I’ll let him know he should go wider. It’s gona be pushed back no burn piles.

Comment

Pm me

Comment

Ttt

Comment

What kind of brush and soil?
            I know with my dozer I could clear more than 10 x 100 yards

Comment

easy with the right operator...
              Morales dozer there near Lopeno charged me like 2 grand to come out for a few days and he ran 100 acres of perimeter fence and several cross senderos. perimeter was at least 15 wide

Comment

This is how the brush is, not too many mature mesquites. They’re sporadic in this area of the lease.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5CM View Post
                  This is how the brush is, not too many mature mesquites. They’re sporadic in this area of the lease.
                  You could knock the dog out of that in short order with a D4
                  Probably even a big batwing bush hog it doesn’t look overwhelming from the picture

Comment

I would think you would get as much cleared with a mulcher as you would with a dozer with no brush piles.

Comment

I think the plan is to push the brush back. A new sendero needs to be made but the LO won’t allow a controlled fire to burn the piles. If there’s time left we are hoping the operator can clear the existing road a bit. How do y’all leave your fence lines? Do you clear them to the fence or leave a little bit of brush on there for coverage?
                      Last edited by STX_Shooter; 01-28-2020, 07:01 AM.

Comment

We run both dozer and mulcher. I would use a mulcher on that type of brush. You won't have any brush piles to deal with since the owner doesn't want you to burn. And the mulcher will make a clean job. It won't be quite as fast though.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5CM View Post
                          I think the plan is to push the brush back. A new sendero needs to be made but the LO won’t allow a controlled fire to burn the piles. If there’s time left we are hoping the operator can clear existing road a bit. How do y’all leave your fence lines? Do you clear them to the fence or leave a little bit of brush on there for coverage?
                          I personally like fence lines brushy , seems to hold more quail.
                          But that can be subjective, the mulching of roads might open the ground for new forbs

Comment

After it’s dozed I’m gona hit it with 24d roundup and some other herbicides.

Comment

3 blades wide and why just 100 yards I would not spray after because you want weeds and new growth to come back. You can shred

Comment

Working...
                              X