Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can using a right hand rifle be dangerous for a lefty?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right handed, left eyed. I tried single shot Ruger #1, but I couldn’t kill enough hogs.

I really like right bolts on a lefty stock with cheek piece. On the bench or in a blind it is handy.
    But I carry a right handed bolt 90 % of the time with a straight stock with no cheek piece.

Went to an over /under many years ago from a right semi auto.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
      Like you, I am left eye dominant. I have been shooting right handed rifles all my life, tried to go to a lefty and I couldn't work the bolt fluidly. Never thought about malfunction. If its a problem for you, go with a lefty
      This^^^^^^^^^^

I also wear safety glasses.

Comment

Military doesn’t sound concerned...I honestly don’t know if they cater to lefty’s today but sure dont recall it being an issue of concern in the past or all complaints went out the window??

Gotta love the lefty sniper in saving private ryan

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
          You’re more likely to be suicided by a Clinton.

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntingw View Post
            Been shooting all kinds of long guns left handed but never a left handed one. Feels weird to me after growing up that way. Only thing I’ve ever experienced is a little in burnt powder on cheek or right arm from a semi auto.
            This

Comment

I’m a lefty and shoot a right handed gun. It seems quicker to work the bolt because the gun stays in place and my finger stays near (not on) the trigger to shoot another round. I also taught myself to reel right handed when I fish, and that makes a huge difference to be able to cast and already have a hand on the reel when the bait hits the water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It’s only dangerous if you’re asking this question.

Comment

Originally posted by shap27 View Post
                  It’s only dangerous if you’re asking this question.
                  ^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                    I am lefty and have never shot a left hand rifle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                    X2!

Comment

Your talking.00000000000001%

My daughter shoots left eye dominant with right hand fund and I have no worries about things I cannot control

Your more likely to have an issue driving a Ford vs a Chevy to the lease, due to the percentage that the Ford would actually get you there in order for a freak disaster to occur

Comment

I’m just like the rest of the group. Shoot left handed with right handed rifles . I did go with a left handed stag ar. I wanted the hulls going out away from my face during rapid fire. Especially under the cover of darkness hog hunting.

Comment

I experienced a 22lr autoloader blow out the back of the case this year. It was very unpleasant, but did not cause any harm (I still had eyebrows on my face).

They odds of a malfunction causing harm seem so low, I wouldn't worry about it. My example was an ammunition issue.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X