Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adding a second Dish Network TV question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding a second Dish Network TV question?

We live in the country and have Dish Network for TV service. Broadband solution is OK, but not good enough to cut the cord.

I have a barn/shop that is 425' from the main house. I'd like to be able to watch sports / news while I piddle around.

What's the best solution with Dish Network? I'd rather not add a second account, but add another dish / box for the shop.

Thanks!

Can’t you just run a coaxial cable to the shop and use the tv as monitor? Control the Chanel’s on main tv.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

When I was younger is used to work for Dish but that was years ago and I can’t remember what the best solution for you would be. I worked in retention so I never got questions like that... Coaxial cable should work though.

Comment

It has been about 15 years, but I ran a contract company and did installs for DirecTV. If you go through the company they will require a second account for the additional dish. I had customers always offer to buy extra dishes from me when I installed for this exact reason. Needless to say..... some people might have had extra dishes.

Comment

That distance is too far to run coax from the main house.

Get a tailgater. It can go on the same account and you can move it or take it anywhere like the deer lease.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Get another dish and a box and add another account for less than 10 per month.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post

Get a tailgater. It can go on the same account and you can move it or take it anywhere like the deer lease.

This^^ will be the easiest. Or buy a used dish off CL or ebay. There are videos on how to set it up. Add an extra box to your Dish account if you need one to leave in the barn.

Comment

Originally posted by ca1219 View Post
                It has been about 15 years, but I ran a contract company and did installs for DirecTV. If you go through the company they will require a second account for the additional dish. I had customers always offer to buy extra dishes from me when I installed for this exact reason. Needless to say..... some people might have had extra dishes.
                Dont think thats true anymore we have one in our shop same situation and its not on a separate acct. Its through directv

Comment

Call dish and see about a wireless box. I have one wired box and three wireless boxes in other rooms and on the patio. Your barn maybe too far but worth a try.

Comment

We have dish network at the deer lease. We added an extra receiver (around $8) to a friends existing account. you just need to find a dish for the shop, and purchase a receiver. we purchased one from radioshack. add the receiver to your account and should be good to go

Comment

Can't you also get a "sling" and connect to the TV in the barndo/shop?

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post

BoB for the Win!

Comment

I called dish and for 50 bucks they installed a dish and gave me another box, I think it’s 10 bucks per month for the box

Comment

We have a place 45 miles from our home. Got another receiver for up there only 7 dollars a month more. You should call Dish and check on that. I even run 2 TV's off it.

Comment

Working...
                            X