Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are so many people accidentally putting DEF in their pickup fuel tanks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the 10 2020 f350's I just ordered for work have the fuel filler on the drivers side and the DEF on the passenger. I spent 60k last year on repairs

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
      So talking on a cell phone will ignite diesel fuel?

Interesting concept.
      Will it ignite DEF is the real question?

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sotol View Post
        Will it ignite DEF is the real question?

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk
        No impossible

“”Diesel exhaust fluid, commonly referred to as DEF, is a solution of 67.5% deionized water and 32.5% high-purity urea, that's used to chemically reduce nitrogen oxides emissions (NOx) from non-road mobile machinery and heavy equipment. ... DEF is not toxic or harmful to humans or animals. DEF is not flammable or explosive.””

Comment

Ouch. On my work credit card, I wrote WORK in large letters using a sharpie. At my cabin, I cover the AC unit with a large black storage bin. I had to write on duck tape placed on the inside of the cabin that says “please remove cover”. I screw up from time to time...so I make it a point to cover my bases.

All my gas/fuel cans are marked if they are diesel or gas. I never use either for another type of fuel.

Comment

Originally posted by Shinesintx View Post
            Ouch. On my work credit card, I wrote WORK in large letters using a sharpie. At my cabin, I cover the AC unit with a large black storage bin. I had to write on duck tape placed on the inside of the cabin that says “please remove cover”. I screw up from time to time...so I make it a point to cover my bases.

All my gas/fuel cans are marked if they are diesel or gas. I never use either for another type of fuel.
            Why ? We use the correct color code cans ( mainly because we have some guys that can’t read English and some are just idiots)
            To avoid any confusion “ I still do the smell test just Incase “
            Attached Files
            Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 12-05-2019, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Why are diesel cans yellow but pumps are green?

Comment

Originally posted by chopsknives View Post
                You know if your on your cell while fueling it can end very badly as in flames
                It’s ok, I write a “Hot Work” permit before I get out so I can use my phone in the “hazardous” area... . We all know that permit keeps it from exploding.

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                Why ? We use the correct color code cans ( mainly because we have some guys that can’t read English and some are just idiots)
                To avoid any confusion “ I still do the smell test just Incase “
                I left a yellow deisel can at my moms house for them to use since I don’t have a use for it. Her and my step dad still put diesel in he red cans with “Diesel” in sharpie on it and it’s faded and covered in dust. I get told that it’s ok, don’t worry about that. Mom put 5 gallons of diesel in he 85 CJ7 the other day and after two tanks and new set of plugs it’s still runs like ****!!! I gave her bad hell about it.

Hard headed farmers!!!

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
                Why are diesel cans yellow but pumps are green?
                Pumps are yellow sometimes too.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                  Delete.

Fixed.

‘08 F250

No DEF

FIXED

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Hello, Thread...welcome to 2020. It's sucked so far...

Comment

Originally posted by Dukota01 View Post
                      ‘08 F250

No DEF

FIXED

Just the worst diesel engine ever stuck in a truck...

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post

Still better than a Chevy 6.2 [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

same reason I dry fired my bow - we're human get caught up. everyone ( or me ) needs to slow down

Comment

We don’t have BP gas stations down here. About 10 years ago I was up in Minnesota and pulled into a BP station to fill up my Dodge diesel. Grabbed the green nozzle and pumped her full. Went into pay and told the girl I wanted to pay for the diesel for the white pickup.
                            She said “we don’t sell diesel”. OOps. BP’s company logo color is green and they put green handles on their gas nozzles. Don’t know if they still do or not.

Over the last few years I still see mostly green nozzles and also yellow nozzles for diesel. You would think a sophisticated industry like the oil and gas business would standardize colors, For liability reasons if nothing else.
                            Last edited by texasair; 08-09-2020, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Mine runs great.

Better than the 6.0L

Comment

No doubt. The 6.4 was garbage.

Comment

Working...
                                X