Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are so many people accidentally putting DEF in their pickup fuel tanks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Triple 7 View Post
    One of the cartel guys that kidnapped me filled my truck up after he washed it. He put DEF in my tank. I was trying to tell him, but the tape over my mouth and the kick to the stomach wouldn't allow me. Nice guy though.
    LMAF that is a classic

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
      Delete.

Fixed.
      My understanding is they are cracking down on that. Will start being part of inspection and fines when pulled over by DPS.

Just a rumor? I have a 06 5.9 and tacoma so dont keep up.

Comment

Originally posted by Triple 7 View Post
        One of the cartel guys that kidnapped me filled my truck up after he washed it. He put DEF in my tank. I was trying to tell him, but the tape over my mouth and the kick to the stomach wouldn't allow me. Nice guy though.
        haha, this should be interesting now

Comment

Years of conditioning to stick the thing in the thing and squirt the thing, so they squirt in the wrong thing. it happens

Comment

Stupid is as stupid does

Comment

Saw on Facebook someone put kerosene in their def tank today

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
                Years of conditioning to stick the thing in the thing and squirt the thing, so they squirt in the wrong thing. it happens
                Had a old 3/4 ton diesel suburban 6.2 Detroit diesel
                My mother and grandmother filled it up with gas not once but twice
                My step mom and my dad had 7.3 expedition and the full service attendant filled them up with super

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
                  My understanding is they are cracking down on that. Will start being part of inspection and fines when pulled over by DPS.

Just a rumor? I have a 06 5.9 and tacoma so dont keep up.
                  I got a hard time from the guy doing the inspections on my 2005 Ford F250 6.0 for not having a muffler. He said they are starting to fail them because it is missing and I live in Madison County.

Comment

Cellphone usage at the pumps causing fires remains urban legend

An electrical charge created by motion or flow of liquid. A spark created by static discharge can ignite fuel vapors during refueling. Proper grounding can disipate static electrical buildup.

Are Cell Phones Responsible?
                    No. We have not documented a single incident that was caused by a cellular telephone.

Cell phones continue to be cited as causing fires at the pump in e-mails circulating on the Internet. So far, we have been unable to document any incidents that were sparked by a cellular telephone. In fact, many researchers have tried to ignite fuel vapors with a cell phone and failed.

PEI still advises against using any electronic device that might distract the motorist during the refueling process.

Comment

Because they are driving trucks they don't understand nor need.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokeater View Post
                        Put deisel in my samurai from a beat up ol unmarked pump. Smoked like a sumbeech too! Drug it home, drained and flushed the tank. Fired her back up. Soon as the sputtering quit and the smoke cleared that sucker ran better than ever!!
                        Lol! I put diesel in a bass boat once.About 10 gallons before I realized what was going on.Topped it off with 20 gallons of super unleaded.That was the fastest that 225 Mariner ever ran!

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

This thread makes me laugh. I’m on my first diesel truck and I always say to myself “Diesel, diesel, diesel” when I get out to fill up...lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I completely filled up my 6.7 with gas one time while it was still running. Only made it about 1/2 mile before it started acting up and I immediately knew what happened. Pulled over and Shut it off as fast as I could. Cost about 8500 if I remember correctly. I filled it on my insurance and they paid it! Lol
                            In my defense I was distracted by a very well endowed and beautiful blonde!

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Madden View Post
                              I completely filled up my 6.7 with gas one time while it was still running. Only made it about 1/2 mile before it started acting up and I immediately knew what happened. Pulled over and Shut it off as fast as I could. Cost about 8500 if I remember correctly. I filled it on my insurance and they paid it! Lol
                              In my defense I was distracted by a very well endowed and beautiful blonde!

Totally understandable....well endowed blondes have been known to cost alot more than 8500.

Comment

Originally posted by chopsknives View Post
                                You know if your on your cell while fueling it can end very badly as in flames
                                that's been proven untrue. even in a sealed environment with the optimum air/fuel ratio it wouldn't ignite.

Comment

Working...
                                X