No announcement yet.

2019 Hagerman Seg. B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well Doug, that porta-potty isn't self-cleaning.

Comment

I'm in, probably going to go scout on Friday if it's not too wet.

Comment

Originally posted by String lug View Post
        Maybe you could deliver lunches to the field so everyone can concentrate on hunting
        Yep, a money maker here. I'll meet you at the gate/fence, $100 pizza, $50 Whataburger #3. Want a coke, japs, cheese, add cash.

No, not doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Texomabowhunter View Post
          Well Doug, that porta-potty isn't self-cleaning.
          Another smart-ars, don't spray the back wall. I'm expecting some of this, taking some gloves.

Comment

Kyle, stole this from another post.
            Attached Files

Comment

Man I was hoping for stand side service,a Bob from wb around 7:30 after the shot sure would settle a guy down. Who is in and where you staying at.

Comment

Can't wait for next week!! Going to be doing some scouting starting Saturday hopefully I can find something good. Never hunted there and only have 1 day of boots on the ground scouting a few months ago..

Comment

In for the ride. Good luck Seg B guys!

Comment

It looks like we should have great weather for segment B also will be out on Sat. and maybe Sun if needed to confirm a few spots.

Comment

For any of you new guys, checklist below.

When it's over, if you ain't tired, you missed the chance. Some guys will add more, but this gets to the point. I consider it a privilege to hunt the "H".

Make sure you have your permit, duh.

Parking permit on the dash of vehicle, tarp in back if wifes car.

Game cart, there is usually some at HQ to borrow.

Make sure you have your archery endorsement on your license. Goes without saying, make sure you have your license.

Make sure you have your BH Ed card, last I knew, the number on your license is not valid, they want to see the card.

For Thursday check-in, have your vehicle info to include license information.

During the inbriefing, listen to Mr. Balkenbush and ask any questions you might have.

While waiting for 0900 to go hang a stand on Thursday, get to know your hunting neighbors and find out where they are going, and let them know what your plans are.

Wear your climbing harness, a fall from a stand ruins your hunt, as well as whomever has to haul your butt out.

In my 4 hunts, I've ran into one a-hole, the others are 100% decent, don't be that 1.

Search TBH for past threads, those can give you more than I can in this one post.

And to reiterate- When it's over, if you ain't tired, you missed the chance.

Comment

Originally posted by String lug View Post
                        Plan on hitting a few spots at the h Sat. and Sun. Maybe the busards will give the lost bucks up. Wont be as nice as finding them in person but I bet would beat having lost them. Keep the faith.
                        Monday was the deadline for recovering a shot animal. you cant pick anything up if you find it now

Comment

Yes I am aware of the rules. Just hate to see a hunters trophy waste away in the wood. Not to mention the loss the buck took. If found the refuge could pick it up if they are told where it was seen. I plan hunting hard and hoping to get a shot at an H monster. Well gonna focus on B, A was a great one for the book. We will see how B plays out, the weather is shaping up nicely. Best of luck to all.

Comment

In for this segment hope it turns out as well as A did.

Comment

Back on top.

A week from today, you will have been up since 0300ish, in the stand by 0530, a full day of alert, out by 1830 or so, still a couple more hours, so @18 hour day, with 2 more days to go. Make it worth it, and get a good-un.

Comment

Looks like there are a ton of pigs in Harris right now. It would be a good place to get a pair pair for a ticket.

Comment

Working...
                                X