2020 Select Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
    We are going over 12u world series options right now, we wanted to do Gulf Shores but that means playing at least 5 USSSA tourneys and we don't want to do that.

Seems like the majority of parents want to do a beach trip, anyone have suggestions? I've checked Triple Crown, and NCS and the only one I could find was in Myrtle Beach in mid-July and we want to be done playing by July... Any other options I'm missing for a June World Series at the beach?

I mentioned Cooperstown, Pigeon Forge, Park Cities and Omaha and didn't have much interest...

Edit: there were some Triple Crown tourneys in Cali but I'm not sure that's an option for cost reasons, seems like most wanted an East coast trip.
    I'd do my best to talk them into Cooperstown! I was against it at first, but darn sure glad we let our son do it. Awesome experience for the boys and parents! There is supposed to be a good tournament in Branson, but I haven't looked into it. Might try that...I think it's called baseball parks of America or something along those lines.

Comment

You also may try Destin, but I think it's U-Trip.

Comment

Originally posted by cwill View Post
        I'd do my best to talk them into Cooperstown! I was against it at first, but darn sure glad we let our son do it. Awesome experience for the boys and parents! There is supposed to be a good tournament in Branson, but I haven't looked into it. Might try that...I think it's called baseball parks of America or something along those lines.
        I'll check it out

Comment

We played Cooperstown last summer with one of my boys, it's a unique experience worth considering for 12s. Similar to above I was against it at first but after a few days there you start to get into it. They are pulling in mad money all summer long; it's the biggest thing going on anywhere around there (including HOF). It's Disneyworld for 12U baseball with ridiculously short fences... our team hit like 70 home runs IIRC. Wide disparity of team levels as you might imagine.
          I was looking forward to the championship game experience with the stands rocking and full of people but unfortunately there was a huge rain delay so by 2AM game time only a few hardy souls were left other than parents. Yes, 2AM. Might actually have been 3, I don't remember. They had pumps on the field vacuuming out standing water in a rush to be done for the opening ceremonies the next day... but they made it work, and at least we won after all that. Memorable

Comment

Yes sir, I sent it to the coach, thanks

The dates I saw for Cooperstown are July, doesn't sound like we will be playing that long into the summer but we'll see.

Comment

I would look into Ball Parks Of America same thing as Cooperstown, but at a lower cost. We played in Cooperstown at 12U took 3rd and had a great time. We all went to NY after that for a few days and went to a Yankees game boys loved it.

Comment

So folks with younguns that don't know, "Cooperstown" is usually referring to Dreams Park. That is the original however there is another called "Allstar Village" which is actually in Oneonta. That's where we went and it was a blast.

Go to either if you have a chance and take the family...rent a house on a lake somewhere and go to NYC after. So much fun!

Luke's first game, first at bat.... excuse the whooping....

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VG0rNOYgN9Y&list=UUF04WjIGgDryXRs3o0TxRLw& index=14"]Luke HR Cooperstown - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Cooperstown is the one with 200' fields right?

Comment

That is one trip we never had the pleasure of doing. We played Florida, Atlanta, and Indy almost every year.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                      Cooperstown is the one with 200' fields right?
                      Yes it is. The boys love it. My son had the best game of his life and went 4 for 4 with 4 homeruns, one being his first grand slam. It's somewhat of a money maker for the facility. The parents end up Laser Engraving every homerun ball the boys hit. But, well worth it!

I was also able to purchase a DVD of that game.

Comment

Well we played our first tournament this weekend at Rothwood and went 5-0 for weekend and won in a comeback in the championship game. Boys are looking good, but need to get the bats going.

Comment

Great way to start it off Grant ��

Both of mine have thier first tournaments this weekend, real interested to see how it goes for both of them.

Good luck to you boys playing...

Comment

Ok I have another question for you guys. This isn't a select question but for league ball. This is my sons first year in Coach Pitch, he is 7. I am coaching and have been the past 3 years.

The question is this----How hard do you throw to the kids? League rules state we have to stand and throw, it has to be overhand. The rubber is 46' from the back of the plate. There is a 12' diameter and the coach pitcher may step on the line to deliver the ball but not outside of it. So essentially we are throwing from 40'

Any suggestions? What sucks is that my assistant and I are both about 6' tall. The ball is falling the whole time and crossing the plate on the fall.

Just kind of frustrated---

Thanks!

Comment

We started golf this week! Also signed up for speed/agility training sessions. Will go 3x a week for 2 hour sessions. Golf is a round a week and a 1 1/2 hour lesson. 7v7 will start up in March.

The week is busier, but the weekends - woo hoo!

Always enjoy following the kiddos. Good luck to yall!

Comment

Working...
                              X