No announcement yet.

SW Colorado OTC archery elk changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It should be we give way more tags and cheaper ones then almost every other western state. If you want to complain about being limited look at New Mexico's non resident allocations

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
      https://cpw.state.co.us/Documents/Hu...ember_2019.pdf

Clearly anti-bowhunting! I read thru several pages of meeting minutes....limiting non-residents was high on the priority list.
      Where did you get anti bowhunting?

Comment

Originally posted by tradslam View Post
        Where did you get anti bowhunting?
        Meeting minutes.....

Comment

I'll have to go over them again. I know there were some units that had bad winter kills, or general loss of populations. I didn't recall anything relating to archery, other than actually tracking it and start regulating this state.

Comment

Looks like the writing is on the wall to me, NR are coming to have to draw all their licenses at some point in time.
            Wyoming has a quota on all NR licenses and even when they raise fees or change PP details, NR complain loudly and yet application numbers continue to go up.

Comment

I was expecting to read a significant study about how these new rules will help the elk population......can't find it anywhere.

How much of your $$$ does CO keep if you're unsuccessful in the draw?

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                I'm sure Elk Calf mortality in these units has NOTHING to do with the release of all the nuisance bears from populated areas such as Durango

They open up increased Bear Tags with CAPS in these areas at reduced rates, yet don't encourage additional population control of predators like Coyotes and Mt. Lions. CO has a great resource, but its run by Left-Wing idiots who mandate based on Disney Movies.
                Not only that, they are trying to put forced reintroduction of wolves on the ballot this year despite 26 counties saying they don't want it.

I was expecting to read a significant study about how these new rules will help the elk population......can't find it anywhere.
                Don't need a study. Just need to make decisions based on emotion.

Comment

How much of your $$$ does CO keep if you're unsuccessful in the draw?
                  100% of it
                  To apply you must first buy a qualifying license, Small Game is $82 and a $10 Habitat Stamp. $9 per species you apply for (except $100 for sheep, moose and goat). They keep all the money if you're unsuccessful.

Comment

Originally posted by Patton View Post
                    100% of it
                    To apply you must first buy a qualifying license, Small Game is $82 and a $10 Habitat Stamp. $9 per species you apply for (except $100 for sheep, moose and goat). They keep all the money if you're unsuccessful.
                    Hmmmm......bet that's not really in play with their decisions

Comment

Hmmmm......bet that's not really in play with their decisions
                      Of course not, they are basing this off detailed studies and definitely not money and emotions

Comment

Originally posted by Patton View Post
                        100% of it
                        Most states keep some portion of your money. In Colorado, it's like $100. AZ and NV have similar app process. If you draw, then they take the remaining money for the tag, or approximately $600.

Colorado got huge push back two years ago when they reduced the price to apply from over $100 to like 25 a species. Too many people were applying, which blew up point creep for 2018.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                          Most states keep some portion of your money. In Colorado, it's like $100. AZ and NV have similar app process. If you draw, then they take the remaining money for the tag, or approximately $600.

Colorado got huge push back two years ago when they reduced the price to apply from over $100 to like 25 a species. Too many people were applying, which blew up point creep for 2018.
                          I'm not complaining about the cost- its a lot more expensive to apply in some other states and Id say certainly one of the more affordable apps. I wish TPWD would increase our non-res and res app fees and make a difference between res/non-res tags among several other things; different convo though. Point is I don't mind paying to play within reason.

Comment

This really bites. Here is the real question, how many licenses will be in the draw compared to how many licenses were purchased last year OTC, per GMU. 50% reduction, 75% reduction? What is going to be the qty of draw licenses available? Will OTC Archery bear now be Archery draw only too? This really bites!

Comment

Originally posted by Still Hunter View Post
                              This really bites. Here is the real question, how many licenses will be in the draw compared to how many licenses were purchased last year OTC, per GMU. 50% reduction, 75% reduction? What is going to be the qty of draw licenses available? Will OTC Archery bear now be Archery draw only too? This really bites!
                              I would say once they get survey numbers back from last year, they will have a better answer. Last I saw was for spring 2018 (I think they are issued right after the snow melts), but maybe someone posted 2019 and I missed it in this thread?

Comment

I'm talking about Public and Private. Tons of Texas residents looking for hunting land. Residents should have priority over non-residents.
                                Pass

Residents already get 5 tags each over the counter the ones looking just don’t want to pay what it takes to hunt the area they want. Still plenty of cheaper areas. A draw doesn’t make that land available to them just might keep someone else off of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X