Energy Bill HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 100%TtId View Post
    Wrong meter is tied to your account. Is it a digital meter?
    My money is going on this situation.

OP, I like the idea of what someone else has said. Shut the main power off completely, record the meter, and restart. Check it same time everyday.

Comment

If you neighbor with kids has a smaller bill, and you alone have a higher bill, and the meters were just changed out, I would have them check to ensure the two new meters were not assigned to the wrong apartments and you are getting his bill and he is getting your bill. You might check the bill to see if it has the meter serial number on it so you can check it.

Comment

Brother that is flat insane

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
          Probably a neighbor mining bitcoins with your electricity
          or running a grow room operation.

Comment

Sometimes less is more, if that makes sense. You might be getting lower rates if you run more power. Example 500kw and under is 10cents, 1000-1500 is 8 cents and over 2000 is 6.

Comment

your plan sucks. In Dec I had 3031kwh and it was $278. 7000 sq ft house with a TON of landscape lights, pool and a wife than needs every light on in the house....the highest I get is $600-700 range in summer with 4 units.

change plans quickly.

Comment

If you shut off your main breaker, and somebody had tapped into your apartment, you’ll be turning off ‘his’ electricity at the same time. Unplugging everything in your apartment and turning off heat and turn down temp on water heater should zero your electricity usage.

Can you get a amperage meter clamp around the output conduit of the power meter? If yes pick up a Klein clamp on meter at Home Depot. Return it after you do an experiment.

Turn on several appliances, measure the current (amperes) and voltage. The digital meter should cycle through readings on the display, and show you amps or watts. Watts/ Volts (from Klein meter) equals amps.

See if the Klein measurement agrees with the meter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Have your power provider cone out and check it in your presence. Or, do like some have said. Turn all breakers off and check your meter.

Also, if you have a decent maintenance person have them take a look with you.

Comment

Originally posted by 100%TtId View Post
                    or running a grow room operation.

Thats what im thinking. Is your neighbors apartment glowing at night??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Please update when you figure it out.

Comment

Had this happen to a business my nephew owned in Goldthwaite. His bills were high and finally found out the coop had the wrong names on the meters.

Comment

My guess is they have the wrong meter assigned.

Comment

Somebody tapped u out

Comment

Can you get the meter number off your bill? Check the meter in your socket to be sure they match

Comment

regardless of all the theories here.....if you are paying more than $160 for 1600kwh you are paying too much. Start there. Your plan is awful and the highest on the planet.

Comment

Working...
                                X