No announcement yet.

Mexico 2019-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simply awesome - both the buck and video! I thought you held yourself together really well given the circumstances. Great shot too! ��

Comment

Very cool video!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great deer and video, congratulations and thank you for video.

Comment

Mexico newbie scores!!

This story started many years ago when I started hearing very intriguing stories about whitetail hunting in Mexico. I told myself one day I would go.

Fast forward to couple months ago or so I post on here about my interest and get some great responses from guys on this thread and one of them was Jbguide (Justin). He had just what I was looking for with an inexpensive lease and he was willing to take me and show me the ropes until I was comfortable with going on my own. I have had nothing but good experiences with good hunters on the lease, a great cowboy, and Justin has done every single thing he said he would do. So y’all now have a new hunter in Mexico most likely for as long as I can physically go.

Justin and I went to the ranch (Loma Penta) on 12-18 and on the morning of the 19th I went to a new setup that we put up last time we there. Never been hunted. I pulled the camera card when feeding roads and around feeder. And looked at it in stand before light. To my surprise I saw my stand had been visited recently by a deer the hunters on the ranch knew well as “Stickers”. They had history on the deer and he was a “shooter”. I was also happy to see numerous other deer on the cameras. When light came I could see a buck a long way off coming down a large hill towards my set, I lost him in the brush without getting a good look but that in itself got me super excited. That’s exactly the reason I decided to hunt Mexico because of the renewed excitement for me in hunting. And with a buck coming in you never know what the next buck will be, 110” or 200” class deer. The next thing I know the deer is in the feeder area, head behind brush, watching thru my bino’s I can’t make him out or get an age yet. The longer I watch him though the more glimpses of horns I get and I start getting the idea he is big. He walks toward feeder more and his head comes up, I see he is big, I see the drop, I immediately recognize him as Stickers. Binos go down, old Savage 7mm mag comes up and I busted him high in shoulder. Dropped him where he stood.

I am very proud and excited of my first Mexico buck. Main frame 8, 12 score able points, 26” beams, 9” drop, mass, stickers, 22 7/8 inside spread, 163” total, he has it all.

Thanks to My wife who doesn’t give me grief about where I chose to hunt. She actually encourages me. Because she gets it, she is also a avid hunter.
          Big thanks to Justin for getting me here. Thanks to all the hunters on the ranch who made me feel comfortable and showed me the place, EJ. Also our cowboy, he works hard for us to be successful.

To anyone thinking about hunting Mexico. Get yourself someone good to show you the ropes, and go for it, you won’t be disappointed. It’s all I thought it would be and more. I have never been even remotely apprehensive in any way.
          Attached Files

Comment

Pig of a deer! Huge congratulations!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

What it’s all about! Congrats on a truly remarkable deer!

Comment

Congrats! Great write up and buck.

Comment

Sweet !!!. Congrats on your first Mexico
                  Buck. Your definitely hooked for life now!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Dang what a way to start!!!
                    Awesome buck!

Comment

Stud!! Congrats

Comment

Great buck! Love the drop!

Comment

Great looking buck. Congrats and welcome to Mexico.

Comment

Great buck.
                            Congrats

Comment

What a great start man!Nice buck, Merry Christmas, and welcome to the most fun most of us have all year!Safe travels amigo!,Have a great 2020!

Comment

Great buck!

Comment

Working...
                                X