Trailer tongue lock.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
    I'm not removing anything and im not pay more than half of what the yearly insurance cost for a lock either..

Ill just get a new boat if it get stolen.

that's the spirit!!!

I used to lock up my ranger when I left it at camp. Now I keep saying Ima park that joker at the gate with the key in it so I can get power steering

Comment

Originally posted by BigCohiba View Post
      https://ftknoxlocks.com/

I have several of these. They are stout!
      That's the best design I've seen, I'm going to order one for my dump trailer at least. Those guys need to do some marketing!

Comment

I use a tongue lock and also a chain/cable lock through the rim and around the frame of the trailer.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramball36 View Post
          That's the best design I've seen, I'm going to order one for my dump trailer at least. Those guys need to do some marketing!
          Yeah, those look pretty legit.

I hauled my 6x12 to Fredericksburg and just kinda laughed when I put my cheapo tongue lock on it in the Holiday Inn parking lot. No way that thing was going to stop a thief.

Comment

Trailer tongue lock.

Lol at the dude that is too cheap to spend $300 on a lock to protect a $50K boat. [emoji23][emoji23]. But spends $300-400 on a single fishing rod and reel combo.[emoji23][emoji23][emoji2957][emoji41]

Get a wheel lock and a tongue lock. The combination will deter even the most determined....

Comment

Can anyone recommend a trailer tongue lock that isn't pure crap and doesn't cost $300?
              Pick one or the other.

Comment

Best I’ve seen
                Proven industries

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I'm not removing anything and im not pay more than half of what the yearly insurance cost for a lock either..

Ill just get a new boat if it get stolen.
                  That's the spirit...make that cheap insurance cost more for everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                    That's the spirit...make that cheap insurance cost more for everyone!
                    I didnt make the rate, I just paid it. Blame progressive boat insurance.

Comment

Progressive is not gonna cover all
                      that interest you’d have paid on that note when they hopefully at least give you payoff to get a new boat...and then have to start a new note.

Comment

They'll pay you less than you owe too, then you'll ***** about that, then they'll go up on premiums because they took a loss also, and you'll ***** about that.......

Over a $300 lock. And people hate insurance companies.

Comment

I might be totally wrong, but the wheel lock seems more secure than the tongue lock.

Comment

I just take an old ball the correct size and cut the threads off and stick it in there and then lock the latch. Sure they can cut the lock but they can cut or destroy anything they want anyways but it slows them down like all locks and is a cheap alternative.

Comment

I had a 5x10 enclosed trailer that I used to haul my daughter's softball team equipment around. My biggest fear was having it stolen with the equipment still inside. I bought the "Gorilla Tongue Lock" that a link was provided for above. I also had a tongue latch lock, along with a wheel lock. On top of that, I put a GPS tracker on the top that so I could track the trailer whenever I wanted. I'll put the link to the one I had below. I ran me $150 a year for the service and would email me everytime the trailer moved and give location within 5 feet. It seemed like overkill, but I viewed it as a yearly insurance policy.

Comment

Working...
                              X