Trailer tongue lock.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trailer tongue lock.

Can anyone recommend a trailer tongue lock that isn't pure crap and doesn't cost $300?

I had that crappy reese lock but 2 whacks with a hammer broke it off when I left the key at home. Pure crap! looking for something that will give me a little piece of mind.

I got one like this and haven't had any issues but I don't know if any has tried to take one of my trailers.

Comment

Make it where you can remove the tongue.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by deerplanter View Post
        I got one like this and haven't had any issues but I don't know if any has tried to take one of my trailers.
        https://www.amazon.com/Tow-Ready-632...830245&sr=8-33
        I've been looking at that one.

Just watched a review and it was taken off with a pry bar in less than 20 seconds.

there is a guy on youtube that has reviewed just about all of them, and they are all crap.
        Last edited by Mayhem; 10-23-2019, 05:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
          I've been looking at that one.

Just watched a review and it was taken off with a pry bar in less than 20 seconds.

there is a guy on youtube that has reviewed just about all of them, and they are all crap.
          I don't doubt it, they are mostly to keep honest people honest.

Comment

BOLT CUTTER PROOF trailer coupler locks! Made in America FREE U.S. FedEx SHIPPING We set the GOLD STANDARD in trailer security

I have several of these. They are stout!

Comment

They are all junk and only keep the honest folks honest.
              Just had my catering trailer stolen last week. With battery operated saws and grinders thieves have it easy.
              I was able to recover the trailer but all my equipment was gone. A couple of arrests were made and one of them rolled on the main guy. It’s unbelievable how many he steals a week and how quickly he sells them. They sold 25 trailers on Offer-Up this month.

Locked up behind a fence/gate is the only way I can see deterring them. Or high voltage...

Comment

I guess I just put another tongue lock that looks to be a little more secure and thank god I get to keep the boat in a safe area and its insured.

I guess at the end of the day, if someone wants it, they are going to get it.

Comment

Big Red Lock....not $300, but it is $200. You get what you pay for IMHO.

Comment

Check out Proven Industries. I know you said not $300 but a hammer is not breaking this thing loose.

Comment

Originally posted by Czechfish View Post
                      Just had my catering trailer stolen last week. With battery operated saws and grinders thieves have it easy.
                      I was able to recover the trailer but all my equipment was gone. A couple of arrests were made and one of them rolled on the main guy. It’s unbelievable how many he steals a week and how quickly he sells them. They sold 25 trailers on Offer-Up this month.

Locked up behind a fence/gate is the only way I can see deterring them. Or high voltage...
                      They need to shoot those MF in the face

Comment

I bought something similar to the vault. It’s solid but your going to pay over $100.00 for a good lock. https://www.amazon.com/MegaHitch-Loc...80091697&psc=1

Comment

Originally posted by Czechfish View Post

so true!!!!!!! Maybe the removable tongue is better Idea....or wheel and tire (they would have to bring proper spare)

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                            They need to shoot those MF in the face
                            HAHAHAAAA

I have an older master that is similar in design to this. It was part of a used boat deal years ago and Ive kept it. It takes a key to open a slot that gets and allen wrench to tighten into the coupler. Ive always liked it better than the other crap.

But, as mentioned they are just keeping honest folks honest. Removing the tounge or a tire is prolly the best way but a PIA

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                              HAHAHAAAA

I have an older master that is similar in design to this. It was part of a used boat deal years ago and Ive kept it. It takes a key to open a slot that gets and allen wrench to tighten into the coupler. Ive always liked it better than the other crap.

But, as mentioned they are just keeping honest folks honest. Removing the tounge or a tire is prolly the best way but a PIA

I'm not removing anything and im not pay more than half of what the yearly insurance cost for a lock either..

Ill just get a new boat if it get stolen.

Comment

Working...
                              X